New Mermaid Ave.?

Ok, so im not really in the need for new Wilco material, as their amazing new album just came out, but I noticed on the Woody Guthrie at 100 website that a new Mermaid Ave. "box set" will be released next spring. I wonder what the bands' involvement was, if any. Will there be new recordings? Woody's music, along with the Mermaid Ave. albums were/and are an important part of my life, especially when they came out. Anyways, just thought id mention it. It may have been posted before.

About a year ago Billy Bragg mentioned the possibility of doing Mermaid Avenue 3, to coincide with Woodie Guthrie's centenary in 2012. According to Bragg: "There's another 12 tracks that you haven't heard yet. We're trying to get them out for Woody's centenary in 2012."

See: http://www.spinner.c...bum-with-wilco/

I beleive Jeff's exact words were "Billy is so full of shit".

Ok, so im not really in the need for new Wilco material, as their amazing new album just came out, but I noticed on the Woody Guthrie at 100 website that a new Mermaid Ave. "box set" will be released next spring. I wonder what the bands' involvement was, if any. Will there be new recordings? Woody's music, along with the Mermaid Ave. albums were/and are an important part of my life, especially when they came out. Anyways, just thought id mention it. It may have been posted before.

There are a couple of threads about it - if you want to read them:

More Mermaid Avenue

Mermaid Avenue Deluxe Edition

Does anyone remember the post from Spencer Tweedy on his blog last fall about a trip to New Mexico or some such state in the South West that the Tweedy's took that he was not allowed to speak about other than that they were there? Could some sort of weekend recording seesion been held related to new Mermaid Ave. material? Just a thought.

Does anyone remember the post from Spencer Tweedy on his blog last fall about a trip to New Mexico or some such state in the South West that the Tweedy's took that he was not allowed to speak about other than that they were there? Could some sort of weekend recording seesion been held related to new Mermaid Ave. material? Just a thought.

Seems like a strange destination for recording.

I don't remember that, but could that have been the Sessions for the Deerhoof/Raccoonists single?

The Woody Guthrie site now lists a March 2012 release month for the Mermaid Ave. Box Set.