Western N. American tour 2012

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got tix for AZ. Was in the waiting room for a while, barely played the game (so there's no truth to the 3x complete snake game before lets you purchase).

I got Pit row 3! I'm a happy camper, but I was in the waiting room from 9:55am - 10:03 and it probably only *felt* like it wouldn't end, and I dreaded doing anything as long as those cubes kept revolving. I forgot to log into FrontGate though, and panicked a bit. (I bet the demand for the CA shows is MUCH greater than for the AZ show).

Good luck, everyone!

And to answer someone's questions:

YES they were WILL CALL only, and YES, 2 ticket limit. I have a friend who purchased at the same time - she got 7th row by 9 minutes after.

Well, Hey! I just got two tix!

I kept going back to the page and refreshing. Every now and then it would show two available, each time i selected them it woud say, not available, until finally...!

So If you didn't get your tix, keep trying!

:banana

Appreciate Wilco offering a presale, but that sucked. Put in the waiting room at 9:57, before the scheduled time of 10:00, so I wonder how early others got in? Stuck in the waiting room until 10:25, when I was told the show sold out. Done many ticket presales before, never one this terrible. Even if I had gotten tickets, I would've been extremely frustrated. 10 am on a Wednesday morning, people got jobs man!

Sorry to hear about those that did not get pre-sale tix. Good luck in the general sale. The whole waiting room was off-putting. I think I got in at 9:55 and then offered the chance to get tickets at 10:15 or so. I ended up pulling front row, John/Pat side at Tempe. Two other friends miraculously pulled two sets of two tickets next to each other at 6th row center. I've never been this close to the stage at a Wilco show, so I'm really excited. I'm hoping they'll come through Utah and Idaho at some point. I miss living in Nashville when it seemed like they'd come through nearly once a year.

Yeah the waiting room thing was definitely off-putting... made it very confusing about what to do, whether it was advantageous or disadvantageous to refresh, etc....

Sat in the waiting room from 9:54 till 10:20... then got in, and refreshed refreshed refreshed for 30 minutes and somehow managed a pair of SJ, and singles to SF and Oakland. So, happy about that...but what a pain in the ass.

Did anyone actually get tickets in their cart BEFORE 10AM? Just curious if it was just the "waiting room" thing that started early, or if the whole sale did...

If any Frontgate/Wilco management peeps are reading this... presale was a total clusterfuck for Bay Area fans. No one I know got ANY tickets. The waiting room idea was a mistake; it would have worked if there had been a clearer explanation of what the selection process was. Please don't use this process again, as it was a total failure and you've empowered the scalpers again. The real fans are gonna pay to see the band, and there are FAR fairer ways to ensure that they get tickets.

I was in the waiting room by 950, was offered a search for Oakland tix by 1018, and they were gone. Searched the Warfield, same thing. I had about six other friends trying as well, all were screwed.

I get the whole process was a joke, but why do people think these presale tix went to scalpers? If they did, and you buy one, then you're gonna be sitting next to the scalper or meeting him/her out front... I doubt many scalpers got them or will be able to keep them because supposedly Wilco and Frontgate go through all the broker sites and cancel those tickets listed.... General sale is an entirely different story though...

Well that sucked. I got nothing, didn't get past the waiting room until 10:25 and when I got to the ticket purchase screen for Tempe, everything was sold out. It might've been better to stagger the on-sale times for the different shows?

I'm surprised to see that anyone actually got tickets for LA. Had 4 other friends trying to get their own tix; everybody started by 9:45am and quit about 11am...bupkiss, nada, nothing for any of us...Hate to sound like an entitled little twit, but I feel cheated. Haven't missed a local Wilco show in over a decade. I hope next time it's with Ticketmaster...can't believe I'm saying that.

I'm surprised to see that anyone actually got tickets for LA. Had 4 other friends trying to get their own tix; everybody started by 9:45am and quit about 11am...bupkiss, nada, nothing for any of us...Hate to sound like an entitled little twit, but I feel cheated. Haven't missed a local Wilco show in over a decade. I hope next time it's with Ticketmaster...can't believe I'm saying that.

I feel very lucky to have gotten the LA tickets. I sat in the waiting room like others while my girlfriend managed to get into the site and roam around long enough to get us both LA and San Diego. That's a good woman right there.

Anyone know where the info for opening acts is? Can't seem to find it...

Looks like Wilco tweeted yesterday that the support act on the West Coast run will be White Denim. I'm not overly familiar with their music, but I'm pretty sure Jeff namechecked their record (or one of their records) in a recent interview.

Just got the email. Password for San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, and Davis presales is LOVE Starts tomorrow (thursday) at 10am
Sure it's that for SF? Only reason I ask is because SJ, Oakland and Davis are all APE presales, and SF is KFOG/Goldenvoice, so thought it might be different...