Western N. American tour 2012

Was just looking up the venue for the new LA date on 1/27. I've never been to the Los Angeles Theater before... looks spectacular, BUT it looks like it's going to be a seated venue. Has anyone been to a concert there before? Those seats look too permanent for them to be easily removed.

Talk about buzzkill - I have no desire to sit through a rock concert, nor do I want to get into arguments about it with my fellow concert-goers.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just looking up the venue for the new LA date on 1/27. I've never been to the Los Angeles Theater before... looks spectacular, BUT it looks like it's going to be a seated venue. Has anyone been to a concert there before? Those seats look too permanent for them to be easily removed.

Talk about buzzkill - I have no desire to sit through a rock concert, nor do I want to get into arguments about it with my fellow concert-goers.

We (down on South Florida) would be happy with any show at any venue seated or GA or laying down on the ground if we had too. Be happy they are playing near your house....all said in jest.

We (down on South Florida) would be happy with any show at any venue seated or GA or laying down on the ground if we had too. Be happy they are playing near your house....all said in jest.

I hear ya. Just some frustration on my part because Wilco is playing A TON of dates in the area, but I've been unable to commit to any of them for various reasons. I had planned on being pissed about having to miss this tour -- and then they announce a date that I can actually attend, only to find out that it's looking very likely to be exactly the Wilco experience I have little interest in.

Oh well... I'll still (try to) get tickets & just hope I'm completely off base w/ my assumptions here.

It's not always bad. I saw Wilco this past fall for the first time in a seated venue (the Ryman in Nashville) and every single person on the floor was standing from start to finish, which was impressive seeing as they opened with One Sunday Morning. I had the same concern you did, but i think more often than not, Wilco crowds want to stand just as much as you do.

Just got a single in Orchestra 5 Row Z6 (almost all the way in the back) for the LA Theater and then it was sold out a few seconds later. Then a minute or two later, tried again and pulled a single in Orchestra 4 (center) Row R, a much better ticket. Its crazy but it almost always happens that way. So I've got three Wilco shows in January (Tempe, San Diego, and LA) stoked! Setlists lately have been looking great. Can't wait for more shows yeah!

Tried for tickets at 10 am sharp and nothing was available for the 3rd LA show. Then at 10:10 I pulled 2 for far right orchestra row z and bought 'em up quick. Now it seems there are all kinds of tickets available. Hmmm.

All in all I'm very happy to be attending four shows! I'll be at San Diego and all 3 of the LA shows.

(null)

It's not always bad. I saw Wilco this past fall for the first time in a seated venue (the Ryman in Nashville) and every single person on the floor was standing from start to finish, which was impressive seeing as they opened with One Sunday Morning. I had the same concern you did, but i think more often than not, Wilco crowds want to stand just as much as you do.

Honestly, I much prefer the seated venues. I'm too old to be jockeying for position and that whole competitive rat race of general admission. I'm going to Santa Barbara & LA Theater - both seated - and I couldn't be happier. I live in Hollywood near the Palladium but I'd rather travel a bit for traditional seating. BTW, I forgot all about the LA Theater ticket sale until almost 11:00 but still managed to get decent seats. Can't wait! White Denim too! That band is fantastic.

• 4 weeks later...

Ticketmaster just upgraded my ticket for LA Theater in ORCH Center Row R to front row off center to the right! I guess they needed a place to put the sound and light board. Stoke! Only eleven days to Tempe, YEAH!

Ticketmaster just upgraded my ticket for LA Theater in ORCH Center Row R to front row off center to the right! I guess they needed a place to put the sound and light board. Stoke! Only eleven days to Tempe, YEAH!

Nice. I was also moved -- from far right, row D to dead freaking center, row C (!!!)

The show supposedly sold out; I wonder what the deal is with all these moves. Not complaining, that's for sure... so stoked -- seated or not, I think I'll have a good time!

Nice. I was also moved -- from far right, row D to dead freaking center, row C (!!!)

The show supposedly sold out; I wonder what the deal is with all these moves. Not complaining, that's for sure... so stoked -- seated or not, I think I'll have a good time!

I prefer third row center to front row off center (seat 512, thats 12 seats to the right of the aisle). If you wanna be front row, I'll trade ya :ike

The last night of the Chicago stand was a deep cut bonaza (heavy on the Mermaid Ave.) Is anybody going to the last night of the LA stand? Should we expect another night of deep cut gems? I know, I know, Chicago is their home town and they did 5 nights, not just 3. But still...a boy can hope.

I'm going to all three LA shows. I'm not getting my hopes up to expect anything like that Lincoln Hall show. That was not only a hometown show, but also a benefit show with extra high priced tickets. However - I imagine that three consecutive nights in a city will provide quite an array of gems, just based on the recent two night stands they've played on the first leg of the tour.

(null)

Sorry to ask again, but in the past week or so, has anyone heard anything about an opener for tonight?

Nothing is showing on any website about one.

I don't get off work until 7:30, the show starts at 8, and there's no way I'll get to the Fillmore in time if there's no opener.

Anyone?

SOOOO excited to go to my first show this Sunday! Plus I got Kick-A** seats! 2nd row center...

But unfortunately it's kind of bitter-sweet.

I got two tickets for me and my wife, but she's going through some serious personal issues right now (when I say "she", of course that means "we") and does not want to be around ANY people, let alone large crowds. She just told me last night, and I've been kinda depressed about it all day.

I got a buddy who's going to go with me, not a big Wilco fan per se, but he digs good music and he's looking forward to it.

So anyhow... Yay! :ohwell

I'll be in San Diego, too and Tempe the night before. Also the third night in LA at LA Theatre! Really stoked!

Any spot you guys are meeting up at before the San Diego show for a pre-show drink?

I don't know San Diego, or the venue location, well enough to suggest anywhere, but a meet-up would be fun. Since it's reserved seating, we don't need to worry about saving our spots in line.

Can anyone suggest a good place nearby?