Western N. American tour 2012

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are thinking of hitting the toney Grant Grill at the US Grant Hotel for happy hour which goes from 4-7. Its fancy and expensive, but the food and drink are reportedly excellent in the fine dining style. Maybe not that rock 'n' roll but we ARE going to the symphony hall for the show, so maybe its not such a weird juxtaposition. Walking distance to the venue, too.

We are thinking of hitting the toney Grant Grill at the US Grant Hotel for happy hour which goes from 4-7. Its fancy and expensive, but the food and drink are reportedly excellent in the fine dining style. Maybe not that rock 'n' roll but we ARE going to the symphony hall for the show, so maybe its not such a weird juxtaposition. Walking distance to the venue, too.

Damn, that looks nice! How "walking distance" are we talking, since I've got a bit of walking disability?

6 blocks from Grant Grill to Copley Hall.

That's not too bad, since they are city blocks, which tend to be short. What time do you plan to be at Grant Grill? I'd love for some of us who are going to be in the area to meet up! Say, between 6 and 7? Doors are at 7 for the Copley, show at 8. Reserved seating means no need to be early!

Hope to see you there, Shug, if our long drive from Riverside goes uneventfully! I look like my profile pic & I'll be with my 21-yr-old son Brennan.

Come one, come all! :)

So pumped that I'm heading back to the west coast from NYC and Wilco is playing three shows in NorCal when I'm home. So disappointed that I don't have tickets and after refreshing Craigslist ~50 times today the cheapest I saw on there were $110ea for floor. Boo! Hoping to score some tickets and love me some Wilco when I'm home.

Any meet-up/dinner plans for tonight?

Shug (Matthew) had suggested either The Association and The Varnish (speakeasy type bars within a few blocks of the theater). After reading up on each, they both seem terrific but The Varnish is tiny & says on the review "not good for groups" so The Association might be a better bet.

Whaddya think? I'd love to meet up with whoever's going, and with reserved seating there's no rush for the line. Plus today's my birthday, so let's celebrate! :party