www.jayfarrar.net I rarely post there anymore but at one time I was akin to Sir Stewart, bobbob or cryptique in terms of post count.

I remember that! (I think we actually first interacted over there, not here.) I was never a huge poster there, but years ago I would check in almost daily, just to read if nothing else. I still pop in every few months.

www.jayfarrar.net I rarely post there anymore but at one time I was akin to Sir Stewart, bobbob or cryptique in terms of post count. I think that I am still 3rd or 4th there in total posts. In it's heyday, until, oh 2008 or 9, there were rabid Jay-acolytes that became apoplectic with every Wilco/Tweedy-related thread. "This a Farrar board", "Tweedy sucks", blah, blah, blah. They are all gone now or at least have mellowed allowing Tweedy/Wilco to be discussed in a civil, mostly positive manner. Plenty of Wilco fans there but plenty of non-Tweedy fans also. Now it is a place for calm, rational music discussion with very little threads on anything else. It used to be like VC. Meaning a place where the same people cyber-met to bullshit about everything. Diverse personalities and views leading to arguments and showing of asses, albeit on a much smaller scale than VC. I spent way too much time there just gabbing with friends for about 4 years. Check it out. It could use some CrowDaddy.

edit I remember the derisive "twats for tweedy" used to describe those posters saying anything vaguely complimentary.

i check it once in a while for news. that's all. there are still some very goofy posters there.