Is it Just me?

You must have missed the memo.

Inspiration Cafe is a very cool organization that helps homeless folks. Of all the charities this one is top notch. (full disclosure, I have a friend who is Education Director.)

LouieB

I was wondering why they aren't charging more. 500 X $100 isn't that big a donation and people would pay more to see Wilco at Lincoln Hall.

Strangely I agree. This is a very good organization and many folks pay way more than that for the livingroom shows.

Incidently the Inspiration Kitchen on the west side of Chicago near Garfeld Park Conservatory serves absolutely wonderful food.

LouieB

Strangely I agree. This is a very good organization and many folks pay way more than that for the livingroom shows.

Incidently the Inspiration Kitchen on the west side of Chicago near Garfeld Park Conservatory serves absolutely wonderful food.

LouieB

And is a great cause. They bring their aid to the community they serve, not the other way around. When you look at most charities admin costs and marketing exceed what goes back to the benificiary. In this case the opposite is true. I am all for the concept the band tried to adhere to, but wish they would do a couple more shows, or one larger one, for this organization because they truly bring the goods, and spirit, to the intended user. Heard some people complaining that $100 was too steep but given the cause it could have been $250 and sold out in the same amount of time. That said, what they have done is more than enough, and anyone lucky enough to get a ticket should be honored.

Many thanks to Wilco for being part of the solution instead of being part of the problem.