Roundhouse London night two

http://www.musicomh..../wilco_1011.htm

And there's a very sweet moment during the final track when his teenage son, Spencer - his band mate in faux-garage rock group The Racoonists - jams with his father at the front of the stage. It is a lovely touch that shows there is always an eye on the future.

Eh? No one here saw/mentioned that ... Shurely some mistake ... ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.musicomh..../wilco_1011.htm

Eh? No one here saw/mentioned that ... Shurely some mistake ... ?

Yeah, what? It seems like that definitely would have been reported prior to now. It's a little hard to tell if the writer is just talking about the Racoonists' recording, but the bit about jamming at the edge of the stage on the last track definitely seems to indicate that he was suggesting Spencer was at the show? I wasn't there, but if that happened, I can't believe someone wouldn't have mentioned it already...

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see this on Facebook - would you like to share more info?

It was among the comments to the London setlist. The Wilco Facebook person had written: "Dublin and Australia in 2012." But I see that they've since deleted that setlist and posted another instead for both nights, and all of the comments that went with it. Maybe it won't happen after all.

A certain drummer told me 'Dublin, March' after a certain gig in Tilburg recently. But what would he know?

When that certain drummer said the same to me after London, I so wanted to believe him and drink the kool-aid, but deep down in my heart of hearts, a little voice told me: "I bet he says that to all the girls."