Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band

I actually appreciate it this way Presigned books speeds up the line big time! I rather have the picture than the signature so this I am excited for!

Oh I agree - I was (mostly) joking.  For an event like this they need to have it tightly controlled or it would be mayhem from the outset.  

I go to author readings/book signings fairly regularly and there is always someone who pulls out the author's entire works and wants each book signed and then wants to have a conversation with the author.  

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First night of the tour was fantastic. I was able to watch the last half of the show on a Facebook stream. 28 songs, 2 hours 45 minutes. The band is sounding awesome. Link for a nice review with setli

Dan Zanes is writing a book about Nebraska.  

Posted Images

Got a wristband! But the list of instructions is like going through the TSA. Ticket is non-transferable. No signatures allowed. You are required to buy a copy of the book at the event. No bags or memorabilia. Bookstore is closed three hours before the event. You will be handed a pre-signed copy of the book and will have one picture taken with Bruce. You cannot look him in the eye. (OK, I made that last one up ...)

Congrats to You for getting the opportunity.

I had mine on the River Tour made the most of it.

Keep your eyes Open for the pic :)

I'm off to the last show of the tour in the pit tomorrow.

Can't wait

Powell's in Portland couldn't handle the traffic and their website crashed.  So they posted that they would have to find a new ticketing agent and try again.  It's a great bookstore, big, local...but has never attempted anything of this magnitude!  Good luck getting tickets!

• 2 weeks later...

I got to speak with him. I asked him if he would ever do all of greetings in its entirety again like when he played buffalo. He said yeah we only did do that once. I said you need to do it in Jersey and he laughed. B & N did knock it out of the park everyone was so friendly and it was well run. I was there for under three hours all said and done which is wild. Bruce also showed up an 1 hour and 45 minutes early!!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the signing in Cambridge yesterday and agree with earlier comments.  It was very well run - like a combination of the TSA and the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld.  Wait in line, step up, get your picture, move on.  Bruce looked pretty exhausted by the time I got there and he had a ways to go.  I thanked him for Nebraska and he thanked me for coming.  

• 2 months later...

I read the book over the weekend. It is quite a roller coaster of a book. The 2nd part I found pretty sad but honest. I noticed there is not much about Gary or Roy after they are first mentioned. Maybe nothing actually. I liked how he referred people to Tracks. I suppose a lot of that early stuff is well known (by way of the Marsh books) but of course Bruce was actually there. So he has more to say about it. It is has been years since I read those Marsh books. OR the book Mike Appel wrote.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

the new springsteen record is a stunner.

I agree. 

I read that Springsteen partly used 70's Jimmy Webb/Glenn Campbell songs as inspiration. You can hear that type of sound throughout...the orchestration, and almost cinematic-like sound.

the new springsteen record is a stunner.

Absolutely. I have never been a Springsteen fan, but this album takes my breath away. It sounds unlike anything I’ve ever heard him play, or even imagined he could play.

Absolutely. I have never been a Springsteen fan, but this album takes my breath away. It sounds unlike anything I’ve ever heard him play, or even imagined he could play.

I feel the opposite nothing grabbed me on the first listen I need to spin it more I guess