Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band

that video is awesome! i love bruce's marching :) theres some pro shot stuff from G-boro show that popped up too. wonder if he's filming the entire tour or something. i notice he's doing 2 shows then taking several days off. probably not practical for roadies and gear, but great for him. he's taking care of himself. he probably flies in for the soundcheck and flies out after the show.

btw, been listening to the new one and the rising. the rising truley is an E street record. it's the band playing on it. Wrecking Ball is definitely more of a solo album. little steven isn't even on it. not a criticism, but for those who may have had other expectations, its a solo album a la D/D and Seeger Sessions. to me, it's kind of a mix between the two.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First night of the tour was fantastic. I was able to watch the last half of the show on a Facebook stream. 28 songs, 2 hours 45 minutes. The band is sounding awesome. Link for a nice review with setli

Dan Zanes is writing a book about Nebraska.  

Posted Images

Saw night 1 in philly (supposed to go to night 2 but personal stuff prevented it) and it was one of the best paced, energetic, emotional shows I've ever been to. It's cliche, but like wine, this band is getting better and better (and bigger and bigger.) A couple of nice recordings of the 2 shows on dime (Bakerstuff version on night 2 and Tapehead 2 version of night 1 are my recommendations.) Just finishing up night 2 right now and the 14 minute Kitty's back is great as is the 12 minute Thundercrack, sick I missed that one.

Maybe the best the show I've ever been to where I didn't know close to half the tunes, really hadn't heard a lick of the new record expect we take care once. Can't speak to the record but the new tunes come off great live.

Go see this show if you can, and check out the video on you tube of Bruce chugging half a beer in the encore of night one about 6 rows up one of the sections during raise your hand, great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Caught The Boston Show Last Month Crowd & Band Energy was Rocking

Setlist was strong Band was very tight for such a short History and Boston Got "We'll be Seeing Ya"

Typical line when he tips his hand bout coming back soon.

Last week had business in NJ on the same day Bruce was Playing Izod # 2

What a show! For me one of the best of the Decade Setlist was full of Wildcards..

Johnny 99 /Jackson Cage She's the One (both played in Boston But so fine)

then the Big Guns

Candys Room Trapped RAMROD and a Stellar Racing in the Streets...

oh and my tkt came from BTX similar to what we do here

Excepting BTXrs actually plan pre show meet ups w/ online strangers whom become friends

food for thought fellow Wilco fans

See you at the Show

Was sooo tempted to take in MSG but gotta pay a Mortgage....

Night 2 of msg was the setlist of the tour imo. Waiting for it to show on dime. As of last night, nothing.

There is a source up now:

http://www.dimeadoze...s.php?id=401053

I did snag a few of the shows from this tour - from what I heard they sound pretty good. Also grabbed the DVD from the Philadelphia show, but I haven't had a chance to watch it, yet.

Does Springsteen officially allow taping - some of the gear being used to tape are great?

No. He seems to generally be fine with stuff shared and traded (not sold) but does not officially allow it.

Thanks - wasn't sure because on the Springsteen XM station, they play concerts that "sound" like audience recordings (some sound better than others).

I was at MSG on Monday. My first Springsteen show, so can't comment on how this setlist compared to others. All I can say is that I was blown away. Three hours of awesomeness. Just incredible, joyous energy, and so uplifting. Backstreets, Spirit in the Night, and Rosalita were supposedly the surprise songs. Backstreets in particular was a great, powerful performance. Band was tight, even though there seemed like 50 of them up there on stage!

Will hopefully make other shows. Anyone try the Backstreets ticket drop system? I was thinking about it for the Newark show, but not sure if it's worth it. I've heard people scoring some nice seats though.

Anyone try the Backstreets ticket drop system? I was thinking about it for the Newark show, but not sure if it's worth it. I've heard people scoring some nice seats though.

Recommeded. Just to clarify, the guy who runs it is active on the BTX message board but I don't think he is affiliated with them in any way. But as long as you keep your phone with you most of the time, it works very well.

I did snag a few of the shows from this tour - from what I heard they sound pretty good. Also grabbed the DVD from the Philadelphia show, but I haven't had a chance to watch it, yet.

Does Springsteen officially allow taping - some of the gear being used to tape are great?

Thanks, got it

He is not "Open Taping" but he is "indifferent" and allows to posted on the BT sites. All recordings are done in"stealth mode" for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at MSG on Monday. My first Springsteen show, so can't comment on how this setlist compared to others. All I can say is that I was blown away. Three hours of awesomeness. Just incredible, joyous energy, and so uplifting. Backstreets, Spirit in the Night, and Rosalita were supposedly the surprise songs. Backstreets in particular was a great, powerful performance. Band was tight, even though there seemed like 50 of them up there on stage!

Will hopefully make other shows. Anyone try the Backstreets ticket drop system? I was thinking about it for the Newark show, but not sure if it's worth it. I've heard people scoring some nice seats though.

ping opsopcopolis

He used it roll back to page prior see hit the photo from his location..

ping opsopcopolis

He used it roll back to page prior see hit the photo from his location..

?

Ok folks this is not grade school

I used that particular word Because this is an expression that is used commonly on Backstreets (where opsopcopolis is also a member)

We use it to direct the attention of someone to a thread. It is often placed in the subject line and a question is asked ...

So perhaps indicating this word at all is something that is not going to work here for Helping others out...

Isn't that what you two are alll about... Helping out a fellow member of your virtual community ?

I used the ticket drop system. While I didn't end up actually buying my tickets using the drones system, I got three or four calls in the two or three days leading up to the show, and every time I jumped right on TM and found tickets. I would definitely recommend the service

I used the ticket drop system. While I didn't end up actually buying my tickets using the drones system, I got three or four calls in the two or three days leading up to the show, and every time I jumped right on TM and found tickets. I would definitely recommend the service

Good Stuff

Hello ALL

thought I would share the Link to the Pre Show Sale for Bruce at Gillette in MA PAssword is boss

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/010048780F30AB2E?

utm_campaign=GSC&utm_source=20120424_E_GSC_SpringsteenPresale_ACTIVES_KK&utm_medium=email&did=bs0818gsfm

Thought I would share one of the best posts on BTX for a song request and the reason why...

Bruce's "Janey" dedication in Albany...surreality!

icon_post_target.gifby Janiegirl1961 on Apr 28, 2012 10:09 am

OK...so somehow I manage to get GAs for Albany NY months ago, after getting shut out of GAs for Jersey and NY (Ticketmaster, once again, you suck!). About 8 weeks before the show, my mother is diagnosed with terminal cancer. My family and I spend hard days and weeks helping my mother get through her last days, and she passes a week before the Albany show. Her funeral is a day or two ahead of the show, and I decide that I don't have the strength to go...even to see Bruce (whose music has filled my life since the mid 70's). My brother talked me into going ("Janie, if anything will make you feel better...it is Bruce!"). So, my daughter Molly (13) and I make the 3 hr trip up to Albany...hoping for the best, the PIT, maybe some help in lifting our spirits.

We get wristband numbers 494 and 495...and the Pit angels had our backs, because number 445 gets chosen! We end up front row against the barricade, just next to the left-most stage extension (the usual Sunny Day and Dancing in the Dark side). We brought a sign that said "janey Don't You Lose Heart For My Mom Jane, RIP 7/10/22 - 4/11/12", and I watched Bruce read it at one point early in the show. After the Apollo medley, the lights went down, and I saw him heading our way (OMG...an "is this happening?!" moment). Molly was holding the sign and he asked her name, read it again, walked over and picked up his acoustic. What came next was a version of Janey that I will never forget, dedicated to Molly and her (grand)mom Jane...sung with beauty and empathy and care...an epic singular moment for this Jane (who has relied on Janey for more years than I can count...it is the go-to song for Janes needing to be reminded not to lose heart).

Being who he is, Bruce also pulled Molly up as his Dancing in the Dark partner...more compassion for fans who have experienced a huge personal loss. It is impossible to explain just how cool it is to see Bruce dance with your kid...especially a kid that needed something good to happen in her life after so much pain.

I have been to so many Bruce shows (80?), but won't ever forget this one. Bruce gave me such a gift. I figured I would post this here, because of all people, my fellow BTXers would understand just how incredible this was. Thanks for listening icon_smile.gif

80 shows...trying for 80 more! Janiegirl1961 Posts: 5 Joined: Nov 13, 2011 11:21 am Location: Greenwich CT

Here's a Video of It Solo

• 4 weeks later...