Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band

Article from Backstreets.com

Lucky Seven: Remasters of Springsteen's '73-'84 Albums 

From the official site:

On November 17th, Columbia Records/Legacy Recordings will release Bruce Springsteen: The Album Collection Vol. 1 1973-1984, a boxed set comprised of remastered editions of the first seven albums recorded and released by Bruce Springsteen for Columbia Records between 1973 and 1984. All of the albums are newly remastered (five for the first time ever on CD) and all seven are making their remastered debut on vinyl.

The seven albums are recreations of their original packaging and the set is accompanied by a 60-page book featuring rarely-seen photos, memorabilia and original press clippings from Springsteen’s first decade as a recording artist.

Acclaimed engineer Bob Ludwig, working with Springsteen and longtime engineer Toby Scott, has remastered these albums, all newly transferred from the original analogue masters using the Plangent Process playback system.

Albums included:
Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. (1973)*
The Wild, The Innocent and The E Street Shuffle (1973)*
Born To Run (1975)
Darkness On The Edge Of Town (1978)
The River (1980)*
Nebraska (1982)*
Born In The U.S.A. (1984)*
*denotes first time remastered on CD

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First night of the tour was fantastic. I was able to watch the last half of the show on a Facebook stream. 28 songs, 2 hours 45 minutes. The band is sounding awesome. Link for a nice review with setli

Dan Zanes is writing a book about Nebraska.  

Posted Images

i'm sure that had more to do w/ Aerosmith than BOC's sound guy.

a few years ago at Fenway, Tyler got pissed when Peter Wolf walked out on the little runway jutting out from the stage (J Geils Band opened). Apparently Wolf wasn't supposed to have full use of the stage. 

it's pretty common for opening bands to get the shaft, sound-wise, so i wouldn't doubt that that's what happened here.

That was the same weekend as the 1st Solid Sound otherwise I would have been there.

They were supposed to sing together during the encores Joe Still wanted Peter to join them but got out voted.

Just like our politicians it's hard to get agreement, although it would have been a nice treat for fans of both bands.

Not ever going to happen again.

• 1 month later...

I recall Bruce talking about this several years ago. It looks like he finally got something together:

For decades, live recordings of Bruce Springsteen concerts were the hottest commodity among the singer's  base -- either for fans looking to relive the magic of a certain show or those who got shut out of tickets.

Now, music completists can get bootlegs of their favorite shows from a trusted source: Springsteen himself.

The rock icon has launched an online store -- Live Bruce Springsteen -- with recordings from more than 30 recent gigs, including a 2014 gig in New Zealand during which he performed Born to Run from start to finish, and the March 9, 2012, performance with the E Street Band at New York City's Apollo Theatre. Thirty shows from the recent High Hopes tour will be covered.

Brad Serling -- whose company Nugs.net, known for its work with Metallica, Pearl Jam and Phish, oversees the project -- said Springsteen was inspired to release his own shows after viewing fan-shot videos on YouTube.

"He was like, 'We can do better than this! We own the masters,'" Serling told Backstreets magazine.

He added that even though most artists find recent concerts to be "more meaningful…than the glories of the distant past," shows between 1973 and 1978 "will be covered."

Springsteen's archivists are looking at broadcasts from radio stations and direct soundboard recordings, but video and audio caught by fans may also make it into the mix.

"Nothing's off the table," Serling said.

Fans can expect to plunk down $19.95 for 24-bit HD downloads; $9.95 for MP3s; $12.95 for lossless CD-quality FLAC and ALAC; and $23 for CDs, which will be available Dec. 1

Regarding boxed set .. Over on BTX ( backstreets) the consensus seems to be Amazon followed by FYE for about a 60.00 purchase price after discounts, but at this time of yr look around you may come up with deep discounts from other sources.

A Great Era for ESB !

• 10 months later...

The Ties That Bind: The River Collection (December 4th 2015):

CD1

The River - Disc One

1.The Ties That Bind
2.Sherry Darling
3.Jackson Cage
4.Two Hearts
5.Independence Day
6.Hungry Heart
7.Out In The Street
8.Crush On You
9.You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
10.I Wanna Marry You
11.The River

CD2

The River - Disc Two

1.Point Blank
2.Cadillac Ranch
3.I'm A Rocker
4.Fade Away
5.Stolen Car
6.Ramrod
7.The Price You Pay
8.Drive All Night
9.Wreck On The Highway

CD3

The River: Single Album

1.The Ties That Bind
2.Cindy
3.Hungry Heart
4.Stolen Car (Vs.1)
5.Be True
6.The River
7.You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch) (Vs.1)
8.The Price You Pay
9.I Wanna Marry You
10.Loose End

CD4

The River: Outtakes

Record One

1.Meet Me In The City
2.The Man Who Got Away
3.Little White Lies
4.The Time That Never Was
5.Night Fire
6.Whitetown
7.Chain Lightning
8.Party Lights
9.Paradise By The "C"
10.Stray Bullet
11.Mr. Outside

Record Two

1.Roulette
2.Restless Nights
3.Where The Bands Are
4.Dollhouse
5.Living On The Edge Of The World
6.Take 'em As They Come
7.Ricky Wants A Man Of Her Own
8.I Wanna Be With You
9.Mary Lou
10.Held Up Without A Gun
11.From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come)

DVD 1

The Ties That Bind (Documentary)

DVD 2

The River Tour, Tempe 1980

Concert - Part 1

1.Born To Run
2.Prove It All Night
3.Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
4.Jackson Cage
5.Two Hearts
6.The Promised Land
7.Out In The Street
8.The River
9.Badlands
10.Thunder Road
11.No Money Down
12.Cadillac Ranch
13.Hungry Heart
14.Fire
15.Sherry Darling
16.I Wanna Marry You
17.Crush On You
18.Ramrod
19.You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)

DVD 3

The River Tour, Tempe 1980

Concert - Part 2

1.Drive All Night
2.Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
3.I'm A Rocker
4.Jungleland
5.Detroit Medley
6.Where The Bands Are (Credits)

Bonus: The River Tour Rehersals

1.Ramrod
2.Cadillac Ranch
3.Fire
4.Crush On You
5.Sherry Darling

• 1 month later...

I guess this means a new acoustic album:

"The project I've been working on is more of a solo project," he said. "It wasn't a project I was going to probably take the band out on. So I said, 'Gee, that's going to push the band playing again until a ways in the future. It'll be nice to get some playing in so you don't wind up being two or three years between E Street tours.' This will give us a chance to get out there and stretch our muscles a little bit."

hey all- got shut out in the onsale for the garden in boston (no great surprise)- if any of you have 2 extras i'd love to take my wife for our first bruce show. pm me if you can help... thanks!

I got shut out for Chicago (haven't seen him since 1981!). I'm guessing more Chicago shows will be added.

I got shut out for Chicago (haven't seen him since 1981!). I'm guessing more Chicago shows will be added.

last cigarettes, on 11 Dec 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

snapback.png

hey all- got shut out in the onsale for the garden in boston (no great surprise)- if any of you have 2 extras i'd love to take my wife for our first bruce show. pm me if you can help... thanks!

Look at both venues again today esp for singles and pairs as Albany & NYC had released some cancelled tickets from over purchase or voids.

Im in GA for Albany so far im on a text chain for a couple of other venues.

Check over on backstreets website and hook up w/ drones for ticket release info..pm for addtl info and see you further up the road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How is he only doing one show in Chicago, one in Milwaukee, and only 2 in NYC?? What a weird tour and a bummer for fans who don't want to use Stub Hub.

it is strange yet in noticed it took forever for the Chicago show to sell out..seats behind the stage were still available last time I checked..For NYC everything sold out in minutes..I was able to snag behind the stage for MSG but it is what it is...I had a friend itching to see him anywhere and Atlanta, Chicago, Albany etc were not fully sold out when we looked a few days ago. I was convinced he would add more dates but the venue was fully booked all around those dates..the whole thing is odd and not normal as far as a Springsteen tour goes.

it is strange yet in noticed it took forever for the Chicago show to sell out..seats behind the stage were still available last time I checked..For NYC everything sold out in minutes..I was able to snag behind the stage for MSG but it is what it is...I had a friend itching to see him anywhere and Atlanta, Chicago, Albany etc were not fully sold out when we looked a few days ago. I was convinced he would add more dates but the venue was fully booked all around those dates..the whole thing is odd and not normal as far as a Springsteen tour goes.

I think behind the stages are available because no one wants to pay $100+ to sit there. They should not use those seats being available as a determination that other shows wouldn't sell well. It's frustrating.

I think behind the stages are available because no one wants to pay $100+ to sit there. They should not use those seats being available as a determination that other shows wouldn't sell well. It's frustrating.

ATL was $35 behind the stage. Springsteen is one I would pay to sit behind because it is an open stage and he plays to the whole crowd. I hear you though I spent $90 for my ticket but he does provide a lot of bang for the buck. I think tickets will become more reasonable before the show on stubhub hold tight or maybe tickets will be released on tm?

• 1 month later...

I don' think I knew that Bruce was writing a book - if I did, I must have forgot about it:

Springsteen's Autobiography to be released September 27th 

Simon & Schuster is proud to announce the world-wide publication of Bruce Springsteen’s autobiography, Born to Run, which will be released internationally on September 27, 2016 in hardcover, ebook, and audio editions.

Springsteen has been privately writing the autobiography over the past seven years. He began work in 2009, after performing with the E Street Band at the Super Bowl’s halftime show.

In Born to Run, Springsteen describes growing up in Freehold, New Jersey amid the “poetry, danger, and darkness” that fueled his imagination. He vividly recounts his relentless drive to become a musician, his early days as a bar band king in Asbury Park, and the rise of the E Street Band. With disarming candor, he also tells for the first time the story of the personal struggles that inspired his best work, and shows us why the song “Born to Run” reveals more than we previously realized.

“Writing about yourself is a funny business,” Bruce notes in his book. “But in a project like this, the writer has made one promise, to show the reader his mind. In these pages, I’ve tried to do this.”

Opportunities to pre-order Born To Run will be shared as they become available