• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's pretty cool to be in the same category with Jeff Beck (and Les Paul).

http://www.grammy.com/nominees

15. Best Rock Album

Rock 'N' Roll Party Honoring Les Paul

Jeff Beck

[ATCO]

Wasting Light

Foo Fighters

[RCA Records/ Roswell Records]

Come Around Sundown

Kings Of Leon

[RCA Records]

I'm With You

Red Hot Chili Peppers

[WB]

The Whole Love

Wilco

[dBpm Records/ Anti Records]

Well...now that they have the nomination, will they play on the telecast? Should they?

And if so...what song?

If they perform, will Jeff do something with his hair?

Well...now that they have the nomination, will they play on the telecast? Should they?

And if so...what song?

If they perform, will Jeff do something with his hair?

He certainly isn't know for his well coifed appearance

jeff_tweedy_0629.jpg

000000281188924839.jpeg Jeff-Tweedy-561530-1-402.jpg

More importantly, will he wear his Neil Young hat?

1317668705-img_3798.jpg

After all these years, I'm surprised Sue hasn't laid down the law about that scruffy beard.

Unfortunately, there is a decent chance they don't even broadcast the Best Rock Album award. I think they have a chance, but Foo Fighters is the favorite. Arcade Fire didn't win Best Alternative Album last year and they won AOTY. I find it funny that AOTY has five mainstream artists this year after the backlash from the Arcade Fire win last year.

Unfortunately, there is a decent chance they don't even broadcast the Best Rock Album award. I think they have a chance, but Foo Fighters is the favorite. Arcade Fire didn't win Best Alternative Album last year and they won AOTY. I find it funny that AOTY has five mainstream artists this year after the backlash from the Arcade Fire win last year.

Good point. I'm very surprised Kanye didn't get an Album of the Year nomination, though. That album was phenomenal.

Gusy, I know this is a Wilco forum, but I've got to say I've really got my hat in the ring for the Chili Peppers. They've been around a lot longer than Wilco, during which time they've given us such hits as "Under a Bridge," as well as ... other songs! I'm going on record as saying this is the year of the Chilis.

Team Keidis!