Anybody ever play one of these? I'm in the market for an inexpensive electric and played a used one at my local Guitarget the other day. I went to check out a Squier "Classic Vibe" Telecaster, but didn't feel like dropping 350 on something with a loose input jack. I saw one of these Peaveys on the wall and played it out of curiosity. I bet it weighed 12 pounds but I love the natural look--other than the angled Peavey headstock. The body had been broken in two and repaired, and it still played well. I don't think I'll buy that particular one (non-cracked ones go for around the same price on ebay), but I'm tempted. I know Brian Henneman is a fan.

4689898467_ff81c7fc43.jpg

i like the T series. I've only played the T-40 (the bass) and it sounds freakin' awesome. They're both just so heavy!

I do like the Squier classic vibe series, though. They're on the cheap side and for the most part sound great... they just need a little tuning up.

I wonder if I could alleviate some of that problem with a nice padded strap... I mostly play acoustic in my band, so I would only be playing it for a few songs each show. But maybe I'll go look for some more Classic VIbe models as well.

First electric guitar I owned and I still have it. It really is a great sounding guitar, especially for the price. They are heavy but no worse than a Les Paul from what I can tell. Built like a tank, I abused the hell out of that guitar and it still plays great, and I bought mine sometime in the early 80's. Nice fat sound to it. I remember being excited to see Johnny Copeland play one on the cover of the showdown album.

511HGHfZhqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg