Wilco — 12/10/11, Detroit, MI (Fillmore Detroit)

You might want to make an inquiry in this thread: http://viachicago.org/forum/29-in-a-future-age/.

On another note -- and I'm not trying to single you out -- but is it just me, or does the "thanks in advance" phrase seem to be ubiquitous these days? I'm accustomed to seeing it (or any variations) on cover letters and business emails, but not in threads where people are trying to score copies of recordings...

Maybe I'm just burnt out from doing nothing but transcribing interviews all day...

You might want to make an inquiry in this thread: http://viachicago.or...n-a-future-age/.

On another note -- and I'm not trying to single you out -- but is it just me, or does the "thanks in advance" phrase seem to be ubiquitous these days? I'm accustomed to seeing it (or any variations) on cover letters and business emails, but not in threads where people are trying to score copies of recordings...

Maybe I'm just burnt out from doing nothing but transcribing interviews all day...

Thanks. I searched that thread a while back, but I'll post there instead of just poking around this time.

In regards to 'thanks in advance'... I dunno... I didn't really think about my choice of words when composing the question. I've met some real dick tapers in the past and I guess I wanted to show my appreciation for someone's hard work (and hopefully their sharing tendencies). That way, if the unknown taper wasn't sure about sending a copy my way, they may be swayed by my advance thank you.

While we're at, let's discuss your use of the word 'score'... Just kidding. Had to show a bit of snark. Cheers!

Thanks. I searched that thread a while back, but I'll post there instead of just poking around this time.

In regards to 'thanks in advance'... I dunno... I didn't really think about my choice of words when composing the question. I've met some real dick tapers in the past and I guess I wanted to show my appreciation for someone's hard work (and hopefully their sharing tendencies). That way, if the unknown taper wasn't sure about sending a copy my way, they may be swayed by my advance thank you.

While we're at, let's discuss your use of the word 'score'... Just kidding. Had to show a bit of snark. Cheers!

I realize it's a silly thing to focus on. Just came at a day where nearly every email I read had the exact same line it. That's too bad, though, that people need an advance thank-you to be swayed. What's the point of recording -- for your own singular enjoyment? kind of seems to against why people record shows. Oh well.

Score? How about procure, obtain, acquire, find, secure, or GET.