Mermaid Ave III - Anyone seen this?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody here pre-ordered from Nonesuch? If so, has anybody gotten any email on their order status yet? Saturday's almost here, and i thought that they would've sent it out by now.

I received the box from Nonesuch Tuesday 4/17. They did email shipping status in advance.

Has anybody here pre-ordered from Nonesuch? If so, has anybody gotten any email on their order status yet? Saturday's almost here, and i thought that they would've sent it out by now.

I pre-ordered from them as well, but no word, or email,sometimes it happens, and you are loved, and then your not loved.

It looks like my Nonesuch pre-order is expected to arrive Tuesday.

The package has gone from IL to OH and now appears to be headed to Buffalo, NY. I live in Western PA, not too far from the OH border . . .

I still don't have the finished product. Can someone please confirm 1/ who sings Jaicell Blues 2/ when Jolly Banker was recorded ?

1.Billy Bragg sings Jailcell Blues(Wilco on backing instruments), and 2.This is the same version of Jolly Banker that was recorded in 2009 and released through Wilcoworld. It's the only track included that wasn't recorded during the original sessions.

This was my one purchase today at Record Store Day. Even though it's only like an EP's worth of out & out Wilco (5 songs with them in front), albeit with them as the back-up band on 4 songs too...& for my taste it's pretty Billy Bragg heavy, it's still great to have anything new, or previously unreleased coming out.

I also have to say that I think there are a half dozen great Billy Bragg songs spread over Volumes I & II, I have to be honest & say that I could easily find 5 Billy Bragg songs that I would drop & replace with the 5 Wilco songs here....but I get that there had to be balance on those albums, etc.,-...I have a comp CD that just lines up all the Wilco stuff & then puts the best Billy on the end...after today the new version of that will have these 5 on it & even less Billy/Natalie.

Also, while it's rumored that the new Flaming Lips album that came out today may have a CD release soon now...here it is streaming online now...

Think you have to start at the bottom of page two & work your way up & backwards to the top of the first page.

http://soundcloud.com/slowonerveoaction-4/tracks?page=2

Finally got mine today in the mail. Looking forward to listening to the thing in its entirety over the next few days.

I would have settled for downloading disc 3, but I didn't have an original copy of Vol. 1, so this is fine. Nice to have the Man in the Sand doc on DVD as well. Nice booklet included with all the lyrics. Overall, a very satisfactory package.