your most anticipated releases of 2012

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to the new Lambchop record which comes out next month. Also:

* The Decemberists Live Record (Triple Vinyl..mmmmm!!)

* Neil Young Archives Volume 2 (Hopefully, if not another Performance Release Series)

* New album by Marillion (Really!!, a truly great and much underappreciated band)

* New album by Archive (a great UK group that are similarly unappreciated)

I'm also expecting a new M.Ward album in 2012 and also something from Micah P. Hinson.

Oh and I also think Mercury Rev will have a new one out this year.

produced by Dan? :wave

that dude is one busy ....

:lol Nope, nothing to do with this one.

I'm really looking forward to the new Lambchop record which comes out next month. Also:

* The Decemberists Live Record (Triple Vinyl..mmmmm!!)

* Neil Young Archives Volume 2 (Hopefully, if not another Performance Release Series)

* New album by Marillion (Really!!, a truly great and much underappreciated band)

* New album by Archive (a great UK group that are similarly unappreciated)

I'm also expecting a new M.Ward album in 2012 and also something from Micah P. Hinson.

Oh and I also think Mercury Rev will have a new one out this year.

New M. Ward...forgot about that one.

Beach House

Really looking forward to this, if it does happen... Their website hasn't said squat, either has their label, but I heard that they leaked a "we just finished the new record" post on Facebook that was quickly taken down.

Newer stuff, from what I gather. There was a thread on the DBT board about it, and from what I remember he wrote and recorded a lot of it this past winter. Sounds like more of a full band thing than a solo acoustic record.

There are a few new songs on youtube. I think one of them is called 12:01. Another is Heat Lightning Rumbles In The Distance, or something like that. One of the videos has him talking about about the writing process for the album.

zipp to the top of the list:

So much to report this morning. Our full length album is coming out on April 10th in the US and April 9th in most other parts of the world. It is called Boys & Girls. We are going to make our late night tv debut on Conan on February 7th. thanks Conan! We have added 4 dates in March in Milwaukee, Tuscaloosa (with our friends the dexateens and lee bains III & the glory fires), Oxford and Birmingham. There is even more exiting to report (including more dates) but we will save it for a rainy day.

- The Alabama Shakes.

This one is sounding really good! Listening to some live versions right now, I like her new touring band.

http://www.cbc.ca/ra...s/20120114kathl

It does sound great, like all of her records. I'm sad to say that Kathleen's playing near me in a couple weeks and once again I'm going to miss her.

It's interesting to see this album get a good bit of media coverage. I guess the Bon Iver connection goes a long way, but she's deserved this attention for years.