New Neil Young album - with Crazy Horse!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is fun news. horse and the autobiography. i can see the book being shelved though...no pun intended. as for the horse, it's now or never i think.

this is turning out to a be a fun year..new springsteen, new neil and two projects form jay farrar.

Somebody really needs to rip this one and...

Well...you know the drill

Thanks for the most excellent rip!

• 2 weeks later...

This new Crazy Horse record of Americana, complete with childrens choir, is making me slightly nervous. I think we really need a classic Neil and Crazy Horse record at this time......and childrens choir and the 'Horse don't seem like a good mix in my eyes. We shall see.

There was an interesting piece on Thrasher this morning about 'Sleeps with Angels' which was the last truly great Neil Young album in my view. I love that album. Check out the Complex Session clips on Thrasher of Neil and the guys playing 'Change your Mind' etc. Timeless Horse.

I just listened to Sleep with Angels yesterday, I agree it's great, one of my favorite of his. Driveby and Trans Am are two of my favorite tracks of the record.

Yep, Great for sure....most of those songs have never (or very rarely) have been played live. It would be cool if he peppered them into the upcoming tour with the Horse. If there is in fact a tour on the way.

Sleeps with Angels is so good. from start to finish. as far as Americana goes...i'm not expecting much. sounds like a kids album. neil says that he's working on another Crazy Horse album too. my hunch is that we'll never see that one. neil will move on. it's getting ridiculous with his press releases and then nothing. in the past 5 years we've heard about a buffalo springfield tour, toast, unreleased album series and none have materialized. at least the archives 1 came out, but that was so underwhelming. i'm a huge fan i will never buy them. this is not to mention the whole blue ray debacle. blue ray has not caught on at all and the monthly downloads have stopped. what a joke. springsteen fans and dylan fans are so lucky.

ironically, i've been listening to le noise a lot. not bad.