New Neil Young album - with Crazy Horse!

Album Cover Art & Track Listing: Americana - Neil Young & Crazy Horse

From Neil Young's official website, comes the album cover art for Americana, the upcoming release by Neil Young & Crazy Horse.

Here is the complete track-listing for Americana:

"Oh Susannah"

"Clementine
"

"Tom Dooley"

"
Gallows Pole
"

"Get A Job
"

"Travel On
"

"High Flyin’ Bird
"

"She’ll Be Comin ’Round The Mountain"

"This Land Is Your Land
"

"Wayfarin’ Stranger
"

"God Save The Queen"

From Neil Young And Crazy Horse to Release New Album 'Americana' on June 5th | Music News | Rolling Stone By Andy Greene, the release date in June 5.

"What ties these songs together is the fact that while they may represent an America that may no longer exist," says a press release announcing the new album."The emotions and scenarios behind these songs still resonate with what’s going on in the country today with equal, if not greater impact nearly 200 years later. The lyrics reflect the same concerns and are still remarkably meaningful to a society going through economic and cultural upheaval, especially during an election year. They are just as poignant and powerful today as the day they were written."

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This new album could be absolutely mind-blowing or a complete waste of everyone's time. There will be no middle ground. I can see Neil and the Horse completely redefining these classic songs in such a tremendous fashion, but that blurb about the children's chorus has me worried as well. Keeping my fingers crossed for something amazing.

i really like the cover art. i assume they'll be a tour. if anything, this album will be fun. my son was running around singing 'she'll be comin' round the mountain' today. can't wait til we can jam to the 'horse' version.

i really like the cover art. i assume they'll be a tour. if anything, this album will be fun. my son was running around singing 'she'll be comin' round the mountain' today. can't wait til we can jam to the 'horse' version.

Yeah, I love that album cover.

I think he probably said - Dylan did a Christmas album, Paul did an album of standards, how can I top that? Ah yes, get Crazy Horse together and put out an album containing songs such as Tom Dooley and Get a Job.

I think he probably said - Dylan did a Christmas album, Paul did an album of standards, how can I top that? Ah yes, get Crazy Horse together and put out an album containing songs such as Tom Dooley and Get a Job.

But hell,he already did an embarrassing career stopgap, grab bag of old rock covers and assorted junk. Remember Everybody's Rockin?

I was wonderin' if anyone would mention that album.

I don't blame David Geoffin suing Neil for that piece of crap.

Crazy Horse > The Shocking Pinks

No doubt. But bad/goofy/uninspired material = bad/goofy/uninspired record

this is not to mention the whole blue ray debacle. blue ray has not caught on at all and the monthly downloads have stopped. what a joke. springsteen fans and dylan fans are so lucky.

What is the blue ray debacle? Why are springsteen and dylan fans lucky compared to Neil fans?

What is the blue ray debacle? Why are springsteen and dylan fans lucky compared to Neil fans?

it's rumored that neil held off on the archives in hopes of a grand digital technology. along comes blue-ray and neil seems to think it's the future of musical delivery. alas, the archives vol. 1 comes out. lot's of boomer rusties buy blue ray machines to have all the content of the archives and the promised monthly downloads of additional stuff. well, blue ray has not really become the defacto format. plain old dvd and cd remains after SACD, HDDVD, Blue Ray, DVD-A, DTS etc. also, the extra downloads stopped a few months after the release. this is only half of the critique of the archives as many were hoping for all the songs from the albums, no repeat live series discs and more unreleased gems. alas, not the case.

i tend to think dylan and springsteen have done a better job of releasing their vault material with the tracks and bootleg series specifically focused on the best unreleased material in the preferred formats.

fwiw, i'm looking forward to this release. i love the cover and the version of oh suzanne neil did with dave matthews at the last bridge indicates that maybe these old tunes will totally be reinterpreted horse-style. hopefully a tour too.

tour opener....

Hey Hey, My My >

She'll Be Comin' Around the Mountain>

Welfare Mothers>

Oh Suzanna

:)

• 5 weeks later...

Wow...I don't know what I was expecting, but it sure wasn't that.

It is eitherthe most genius thing I have ever heard or a big trainwreck..maybe both. A bit shocking.

I think I like it. It works.

i love it! the bass sounds so awesome and neil is just sludging away. the choir is not bad at all. just sounds like multitracked crazy horse harmony. looking forward to it.