New Neil Young album - with Crazy Horse!

It's interesting how people hear things in different ways. I think that song sounds about as bad as the Lou Reed/Metallica album.

it is interesting. i just kind of decided i was gonna like this album and so far it's exceeded expectations. it's definitely a rough take :-) def has a Rust Never Sleeps side 2 feel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2012/05/11/152486586/song-premiere-neil-young-sets-americana-on-fire

Second vid. Sit down for this one. Neil and Crazy Horse doing 'She'll be coming 'round the Mountain'.

A) I'm a huge Neil Young fan;

B) I didn't like greendale or most of his recent releases. 'Broken Arrow' was even pretty poor;

C) However....fo some reason...this works. Its just hits a spot for me that Neil and the Horse haven't hit since 'Sleeps with Angels'.

loved greendale and dare i say, i like broken arrow more than ragged glory! thanks for the link wild frank.

Ragged Glory is my favourite Neil album. I didn't love broken arrow but I did like the live album that followed it, Year of the Horse. That was a cool record with some songs that you don't normally hear on a Neil live album.

Ragged Glory is my favourite Neil album. I didn't love broken arrow but I did like the live album that followed it, Year of the Horse. That was a cool record with some songs that you don't normally hear on a Neil live album.

love year of the horse and ragged glory. hope there is a tour this summer or fall.

• 4 weeks later...

No Minnesota dates :(

NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE

NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2012

ITINERARY

Oct-3 Windsor, ON WFCU Centre with Los Lobos On Sale June 15

Oct-5 Kingston, ON K-ROCK Centre with Los Lobos On Sale June 15

Oct-6 London, ON John Labatt Centre with Los Lobos On Sale June 15

Oct-8 Cleveland, OH Wolstein Center with Los Lobos On Sale June 8

Oct-9 Pittsburgh, PA Petersen Events Center with Los Lobos On Sale June 8

Oct-11 Chicago, IL United Center with Los Lobos On Sale June 11

Oct-13 Austin, TX Austin City Limits Festival On Sale now

Oct-14 Tulsa, OK Tulsa Convention Center Arena with Los Lobos On Sale June 9

Oct-17 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl with Los Lobos On Sale June 10

Nov-10 Seattle, WA Key Arena with Los Lobos On Sale June 9

Nov-11 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena with Los Lobos On Sale June 15

Nov-13 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome with Los Lobos On Sale June 15

Nov-14 Saskatoon, SK Credit Union Centre with Los Lobos On Sale June 15

Nov-16 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre with Los Lobos On Sale June 15

Nov-19 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre with Los Lobos On Sale June 15

Nov-23 Montreal, QC Bell Centre with Patti Smith On Sale June 16

Nov-24 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place with Patti Smith On Sale June 15

Nov-26 Boston, MA TD Garden with Patti Smith On Sale June 8

Nov-27 New York, NY Madison Square Garden with Patti Smith On Sale June 10

Nov-29 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center with Patti Smith On Sale June 8

Nov-30 Fairfax, VA Patriot Center with Patti Smith On Sale June 8

Dec-4 Bridgeport, CT Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard with Patti Smith On Sale June 8

Itinerary subject to change.

www.neilyoung.com

WTF, Windsor!!!! You got to be kidding me, why not Detroit!. I hate crossing the border.

He is Canadian! I have to cross a border too for a show into NY going to NYC which at times is probably as lengthy as the border crossing into Canada :uhoh

No south east dates at all. :( The closest I guess would be OH.

Now, why would they want to come to the southeast when the weather is so wonderful up north in November and December?

HEADS UP:

Neil is being interviewed by Terry Gross on Fresh Air tomorrow (6/6).

I know what I will be streaming.

Just check that thread about upcoming concert schedules. I don't mind an artist charging what they think the market will bear, and if venues fill up with tickets worth hundreds of dollars, that's just fine, but I think twice at $50 ticket prices let alone 5X that.

Just check that thread about upcoming concert schedules. I don't mind an artist charging what they think the market will bear, and if venues fill up with tickets worth hundreds of dollars, that's just fine, but I think twice at $50 ticket prices let alone 5X that.

this same thread occurred during Neil's solo theatre tour, and despite the # of people bellyaching about the cost of entry, i think that most if not all venues were sold out. Neil's gauged his market pretty accurately, i'd say. why leave that $ to the scalpers?

To each his or her own but when I think of what I could spend $250-$300 on ($500-$600 really because my wife and I do things together) 2 or even 3 hours of live music, no matter the artist, would never make the cut.

Cue Tevye singing.

If the market will bear it, so be it. Just seems absolutely amazing to me that people choose to part with that much money for a 2 hour show. Esp. in an arena.

Neil's the only one i would consider dropping that amount of $ for...it's not like the prime seats for Roger Waters are any cheaper, or whatever the idiots who buy via Stubhub pay for good seats on a routine basis.

and i'm gonna make my wife pay for her own ticket.

;)