Now Playing: February 2012

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

514-%2Bvzk86L._SL500_AA280_.jpg 51TDJWbybSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

John Cale - Fear

Sharon Van Etten - Tramp

That was the first thing that I thought of when I saw that Sharon Van Etten album cover, too.

13ghosts%2B-%2BGarland%2BOf%2BBottle%2BFlies.jpeg

13ghosts - Garland of Bottle Flies

This thing rules. If I'd listened to it last year it would have almost certainly broken my top 10, and maybe top 5. Lots to love here for AGIB Wilco or Neil Young fans. Not so much vocally, but some of the guitar playing here is worthy of Crazy Horse. Check out "I Have Brought Fire" or "Billy Dee" to get an idea.

13ghosts%2B-%2BGarland%2BOf%2BBottle%2BFlies.jpeg

13ghosts - Garland of Bottle Flies

This thing rules. If I'd listened to it last year it would have almost certainly broken my top 10, and maybe top 5. Lots to love here for AGIB Wilco or Neil Young fans. Not so much vocally, but some of the guitar playing here is worthy of Crazy Horse. Check out "I Have Brought Fire" or "Billy Dee" to get an idea.

yeah - totally fantastic album. I celebrate their catalog.

You will love 2008's Strangest Color Lights. There are more songs by the guy who sounds like Mark Linkhous, which are ok, but it is the other guy (Brad Armstrong ?) whose voice is on songs like Dr Bill and Stars. I like his stuff better.

Bug me. I've got the bonus tracks for Strangest Color Lights and the 2009 demo version of Garland which I should be able to zip up. There is also my ultimate 'bring the rock' version of Bury Me on youtube. The version on SCLs is acoustic.

Cicada from 2005 (?) - also really really good. Have not heard their other 2011 release and need to put an order in to Skybucket Records.