Can you imagine all that greed and avarice coming down on that child's lips

Well I hope I don't die too soon

I pray the Lord my soul to save

Oh I'll be a good boy, I'm trying so hard to behave

Because there's one thing I know, I'd like to live long enough to savour

That's when they finally put you in the ground

I'll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down

Liz:

That is a great, great record; some wonderful classic-sounding country music there. One of my favorites of 2011. I am hoping that we hear a lot more from Daniel in the near future.

Yeah - saw him open for the Low Anthem on Wednesday night. Good guy. Love the vid. He played Massey hall (which is quite the deal) a week or so ago as part of City and Colour and was still elated about it.

I'm a huge Daniel Romano fan... The only thing I'm not a fan of is that he won't tour in the states! ;)

And holy shit I've never seen that music video for Time Forgot. Awesome...

Isn't it great! Not trying to rub it in, but he's been part of a couple Julie Dorion residency shows on January. Marvelous stuff in a 20 person room.

Man oh man.

Really looking forward to his next album. I hope he keeps doing the country thing for good, he has really found his calling with it. It's such a refreshing alternative to the top 40 garbage refered to as country that you hear on the radio.

Just listened to Grand Prix again last night - I think Verisimilitude is my favorite Teenage Fanclub song.

Also just read an Sharon Van Etten interview in the Chicago Reader - good read, never heard any of her stuff before. Wouldn't mind hearing her stuff with Mike Reed.

I was recently turned on to a record by this local, experimental jazz trio, My Silence, that you did some singing on. How did you end up on it? I met [jazz drummer and festival producer] Mike Reed at the Pitchfork Music Festival a few years ago. We kept in touch and he asked me if I'd want to collaborate with him vocally at some point. I'd never done experimental music before but I was up for it. So I came out to Chicago and he gave me some direction and I tried to follow it.

Were you performing live with the band or was it after the fact? It was mostly me working with Mike. He would be playing the drums and ask me to make the drum sounds that he was making. Other times he would just direct me with moods.

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/sharon-van-etten-interview-with-chris-salveter/Content?oid=5634603