Wilco — 2/1/12, Davis, CA (Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts)

This show was full of twists and turns—literally :headbonk —from a fairly sedate beginning to some amusing moments midway through (Ramon, who Jeff dubbed the record holder for most pens in his shirt pocket at a concert, will surely go down in the Wilco annals) to a little rock at the end, when the crowd finally got on its feet. The venue was an upscale performing arts center, a bit sterile IMHO, with reserved seating and two balconies.

I only saw one omission from the printed setlist, which had Via Chicago or Sunken Treasure listed as the first song of the encore. The band played just shy of 2 hours, 10 minutes. :thumbup

I'll let others chime in with more details, but here was the complete setlist as played:

One Sunday Morning

Art Of Almost

I Might

IATTBYH>

One Wing

You Are My Face

Laminated Cat (electric arrangement)

Black Moon

Side With The Seeds

Born Alone

On and On and On

Impossible Germany

Capitol City

Handshake Drugs

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Box Full Of Letters

War On War

Dawned On Me

A Shot in the Arm

----------------------------------

Whole Love

California Stars

The Late Greats

Standing O (started and restarted due to Jeff breaking a string)

I'm A Wheel

Hey, blogger from this post, you know who else doesn't dance? People with really comfy seats who didn't get the memo about not using their phones/cameras. I saw people texting during the show, LOTS of pictures being taken, and at least one video (about 30 seconds of One Sunday Morning, for some reason). But until we were goaded into it, 99.7% of the crowd sat through the first hour-and-a-half of the show. So, still not seeing the connection between having a phone out and really getting into the show...

Hey, blogger from this post, you know who else doesn't dance? People with really comfy seats who didn't get the memo about not using their phones/cameras. I saw people texting during the show, LOTS of pictures being taken, and at least one video (about 30 seconds of One Sunday Morning, for some reason). But until we were goaded into it, 99.7% of the crowd sat through the first hour-and-a-half of the show. So, still not seeing the connection between having a phone out and really getting into the show...

High-five!

Jesus etc was also on the printed setlist, right after I'm the Man Who Love You, but my guess is Tweedy axed it in order to keep people on their feet, dancing, etc.

Yeah, makes sense. Thanks for the info...