This morning my wife surprised me with this personalized WILCO plate. Had to share. Kinda shocked it was available. Any other Wilco themed plates out there? Would love to see pics.

Not quite the surprise wake up I would have guessed.

Happy Birthday! I totally get your excitement. It's a gift that keeps on giving and I'm sure you'll smile every time you head out to the car. Not Wilco themed but mine makes me happy too. Even parking tickets are less painful with my plate printed on them :)

n656250011_624165_3180.jpg

What a sweet present! It looks sharp. Like yours too, Sweet Melinda..."Bob Dylan, yours to discover!" :heehee

I think there have been some other Wilco-esque license plates mentioned here in the past. I know I'd wave if I passed a car bearing that plate. I wonder if you'll find yourself waving, or being waved at by, complete strangers who happen to be Wilco fans?

I saw the two shows in Minneapolis last December. My cousin and I both went to the second show, and when we were trying to find a spot in the parking ramp across from the State, we saw a parked car with a custom Wilco license plate(Illinois plates). I'd never seen one of those before, and we got so excited, that we actually walked all the way across the ramp, once we'd found our parking space, to take a picture of it, because i thought it was so cool. I still have that picture on my camera phone. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the owner of the car is a poster here on VC!

I've had my Wilco plates for a couple of years now. I rarely get any comments but when I do it's always a treat, since it's invariably from another fan. (Except for the one time at a Wilco/Hess gas station where somebody asked if I worked for the gas company or was just a really big fan of the gas stations.)

WilcoMe license plates.jpg

I've had my Wilco plates for a couple of years now. I rarely get any comments but when I do it's always a treat, since it's invariably from another fan. (Except for the one time at a Wilco/Hess gas station where somebody asked if I worked for the gas company or was just a really big fan of the gas stations.)

Funny. I think I saw someone post a "Cherry Ghost" plate a while back but couldn't find it in the archives.

I'm in Norfolk, VA. Not exactly a rock 'n' roll town, but it never ceases to amaze me how few people recognize Wilco around here.

Although I did have this couple hunt me down in the grocery store parking lot once. They had seen the license plate in the parking lot and went into the store on a search for the most likely looking candidate to be the owner of the car. It was kind of late and they were a little buzzed, but they were lying in wait for me as I walked to my car after checking out. We had a fun conversation and I actually see them at various shows and stuff around town now.

Speaking of Wilco plates, there's a very nice guy who posts on here occasionally who lives in NY and has W1LCO plates. He was at the first Solid Sound and got his plates signed by all the band members. He had everyone except Jeff, but finally got Jeff to sign after bidding at the charity dunk booth. [Michael, if you're reading this, tell us the details--I don't want to steal your thunder!]