Uncle Tupelo RSD Reissues on VINYL + 7" Box Set

Hey everybody, I rarely post too much anymore, but I just wanted to pop in and drop some info I hadn't seen around the boards yet. It looks like we'll see the rest of Uncles Tupelo's records get vinyl releases for Record Store Day this year through Legacy/Columbia ANNND they're gonna be issuing a 7" Box Set of all the bands singles too. I was pretty bummed to hear that the Mermaid re-release would only be on CD, so this really cheers me up.

There's a mention of Uncle Tupelo here: http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2012/02/record-store-day-5-april-21-2012-rsd12.html

• Uncle Tupelo The Seven Inch Singles (4x7" black vinyl numbered box set with new, unreleased 4th single and 14x7" poster)

* I Got Drunk b/w Sin City

* Gun b/w I Wanna Destroy You

* Uncle Tupelo Sauget Wind b/w Looking For A Way Out (Acoustic),

Check out the Whole Love Record Day Store release

wilco.png

The Whole Love

Note: Deluxe Vinyl Box, including: ‐ Limited Edition I Might b/w I Love My Label 7" Vinyl (45rpm). A digital download of both tracks is included in every sleeve. Clear or Blue vinyl.

‐The Whole Love on 180‐gram double vinyl inside a paperwrapped gatefold jacket (includes a CD copy of the standard album in a custom wallet).

‐ 10‐inch Speak Into The Rose (45rpm) / translucent red disc.

‐ Limited edition custom slip mat featuring The Whole Love album art.

‐ dBpm Logo white 45 adaptor.

Limited to 250

$59.99

Saw this on strictly discs from Wisconsin.

• Uncle Tupelo The Seven Inch Singles (4x7" black vinyl numbered box set with new, unreleased 4th single and 14x7" poster)

* Uncle Tupelo Sauget Wind b/w Looking For A Way Out (Acoustic), Take My Word

* That Year b/w Pickle River

which one is the fourth unreleased single? the only track i've never heard of is "Pickle River"

-justin

* Uncle Tupelo Sauget Wind b/w Looking For A Way Out (Acoustic), Take My Word

* That Year b/w Pickle River

which one is the fourth unreleased single? the only track i've never heard of is "Pickle River"

-justin

Pickle River is an instrumental from the Colorblind and Rhymeless demo tape. I think it's the only one from that demo that was never re-recorded for an official album or had the demo released in the re-issues. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

http://captainsdead.com/uncle-tupelos-colorblind-and-rhymeless.html

I think by "unreleased 4th single" they mean "That year/Pickle river" I don't believe "That year" was ever released separately as a single.

Too bad they aren't also releasing "The Long Cut plus 5 live" EP. That's the release that introducted me to Uncle Tupelo. .

are all of the 5 live tracks from that collected on the reissues?

-justin

"we've been had" is on 89/93: An Anthology

"truck drivin' man" and "suzy q" are on the Anodyne reissue.

"anodyne" and "fifteen keys" haven't been reissued, as far as I know.