Martin And Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy Announce New Custom Guitar

Well I've been saving money for the SG for a while, but when it was announced today that these are actually going to be a 2 year limited run and who knows how many they will actually make I had to shift gears. I put a deposit on the Martin today, I'm told it's #10, oh man I can't wait!

Well I've been saving money for the SG for a while, but when it was announced today that these are actually going to be a 2 year limited run and who knows how many they will actually make I had to shift gears. I put a deposit on the Martin today, I'm told it's #10, oh man I can't wait!

I see list is $3000, is that actually what they are going for?

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure I'm a fan of how this one looks. It's so dark and bottom heavy...

I'm sure that has to do with the photographer and not the guitar. It doesn't look that dark in person, and if by "bottom heavy" you mean the size of the lower bout, it also doesn't look like that in person. As to the sound, I wouldn't say "dark" or "bottom heavy", to these ears (and remember I'm a sound engineer) I'd say it's very even sounding, woody and not loud.

• 3 weeks later...