Happy 20th to Uncle Tupelo's March 16-20, 1992

Great news, great album.

My favourite tracks are the devil song, coalminers and Moonshiner, but the whole CD from beginning to end it's a pleasure to listen to, it sets a mood and an atmosphere.

I'm planning on buying the vinyl as soon as it releases in may.

It's a very interesting history behind this record, with Peter Buck of Athens housing the band at his place and reducing some of the production costs, then the overall sound of the album going against the prevalent loudness of nineties grunge all recompensated at the very end with the CD resulting in a huge sales success.

An exemplary case study from beginning to end, a jewel and a fundamental album for decades to come.

can't wait for the vinyl!

i think i read somewhere that a few tracks were penned on the spot. one in particular i remember was criminals. seems like jay wrote it just minutes before recording it? anybody recall reading anything like that?

re: sandusky...when my best friend got married a few years back, i edited his wedding video, and for the menu, playing in the background was sandusky. i think it just sounds hopeful, and "in progress" all at the same time.

can't wait for the vinyl!

i think i read somewhere that a few tracks were penned on the spot. one in particular i remember was criminals. seems like jay wrote it just minutes before recording it? anybody recall reading anything like that?

re: sandusky...when my best friend got married a few years back, i edited his wedding video, and for the menu, playing in the background was sandusky. i think it just sounds hopeful, and "in progress" all at the same time.

That was in "Learning How to Die," which features a pretty detailed look into that record.