"Blunderbuss" & "One By One"

I've been listening to Jack White's new album Blunderbuss on iTunes (my first impression is VERY good by the way), and noticed a resemblance between the title track and the Mermaid Avenue tune "One By One". Musically, it's got a similar sounding waltzing cadence. Jack White's vocal makes it a very different song, and I'm not claiming it's a rip-off, just curious what other Wilco fans think of the similarity.

Interesting also is that the final song on Blunderbuss is called "On and On and On", though it sounds nothing like Wilco's Sky Blue Sky track, but is perhaps equally good.

Agreed, Blunderbuss most definitely has a haunting of 'One By One' with that pedal steel all the way through the song. Nice.

And how close does Freedom@ 21 sound like a watered down version of Seven Nation Army? :)

I liked the tune Love Interruption as well, all and all a pretty solid effort.

Rock on Jack White!!!

Jack White has fallen flat for me the last few years... Like he seems so predictable to me. Blunderbuss is something I would expect him to name his solo record. He keeps that rock-god esque thing going and thats cool. But I've just thought he's become very tired to me. I have no interest in this solo record

meh. come at me.

Jack White has fallen flat for me the last few years... Like he seems so predictable to me. Blunderbuss is something I would expect him to name his solo record. He keeps that rock-god esque thing going and thats cool. But I've just thought he's become very tired to me. I have no interest in this solo record

meh. come at me.

There's nothing to come at you about. It's your opinion. What does "rock-godesque" mean. That's a bad thing, right?To me, "Blunderbuss" is anything but predicatble. Of course, you'd have to listen to it first to decide if what I'm saying is true.

I think Jack White is really great at the Country/Folk stuff he has done, like on the Cold Mountain Soundtrack. Everything else meh.. A lot of people see him as some guitar God or something, and he's way overrated in my opinion.

Anybody hear the resemlence? It was the first thing I thought of when I first heard the song "Blunderbuss".

Similar tempo and pedal steel, that's all I heard. But I didn't think, "Hey, this sounds just like 'One by One.'" I didn't think it sounded as dreamy and subdued, but more like a Jack White country-rock song. Just my $.02.

There's nothing to come at you about. It's your opinion. What does "rock-godesque" mean. That's a bad thing, right?To me, "Blunderbuss" is anything but predicatble. Of course, you'd have to listen to it first to decide if what I'm saying is true.

rock godesque is a cool thing, I mean it by he's got that mystique that all the older rock dudes had in the 70's. They collected weird stuff and were just a little different than what was 'normal' and were still pretty popular. I'll have to listen to the record when i get a chance. But everything he's done down to the way he talks had just left a bad taste in my mouth.

He got good guitar tone in the White Stripes, though