Who's Going To What/Which/When 2012 Gigs? Roll Call

Camden was great, but almost as short as it was sweet- due to it being a festival, with 17 songs & around 90 min., if that...

The trio of New York City shows were just mind blowing!!!!!!!!!! I count 63 different songs over the course of three nights. Which is astounding. It was like Wilco heaven. I hope they continue to do these longer residences in NYC, as I'll be there everytime, I can tell you that.

I looking so forward to the rest of the gigs & can now say that that'll be Cooperstown, Mass-MoCA, Hartford, Rochester & Columbus. The last one is a definite after what I just saw. That'll be 9 shows in 2012 & counting the Detroit show from December, 10 in a 12 month/1 year period on The Whole Love Tour of 11-12...wish I could have caught last years 2 night stands in Toronto, & Central Park NYC...how did I miss those...well I know how, & it was for good reason, but barring great future reasons, you can pretty much count me in for most things within 6 hours or so!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting tonight I'll be at Newport, then Mass MoCA and Hartford next week. Can't wait.

Hoping for no rain tonight! My last two Wilco experiences were all heavily influenced by rain. I had a ticket for the second night in Central Park last fall, and ended up not going because I had missed a bunch of work that week being sick and couldn't justify standing in the rain and prolonging my illness, then before that Solid Sound 2.

I'm bringing my kids tonight (4 & 5). It'll be their first "real" rock show, unless you count The Fresh Beat Band, which I don't, so hopefully all goes well!

Tampa

St. Augustine

Red Rocks

Red Rocks

Wolf Trap

Wolf Trap

Charlottesville

Mass MoCA

Hartford

I was starting to get the pre-post-concert blues, thinking that my incredible run of shows is coming to an end after Mass MoCA and Hartford next week. Then my darling niece, who lives in San Francisco, came home for a visit this weekend, and we searched for airfares from Norfolk, VA to SF and came up with $251 roundtrip on Delta! WTF? And she'll come with me for her first ever Wilco show? And it's all GA, so we have as good a chance as anyone of getting up front. How could I not do that??

So, against all logic and sanity, I'm in for 2 more shows at the Greek in Berkeley Sept. 21 and 22. Goodbye, anticipatory post-concert blues!

I was starting to get the pre-post-concert blues, thinking that my incredible run of shows is coming to an end after Mass MoCA and Hartford next week. Then my darling niece, who lives in San Francisco, came home for a visit this weekend, and we searched for airfares from Norfolk, VA to SF and came up with $251 roundtrip on Delta! WTF? And she'll come with me for her first ever Wilco show? And it's all GA, so we have as good a chance as anyone of getting up front. How could I not do that??

So, against all logic and sanity, I'm in for 2 more shows at the Greek in Berkeley Sept. 21 and 22. Goodbye, anticipatory post-concert blues!

11!!! You are my new hero!!!!!!! Congratulations!

11!!! You are my new hero!!!!!!! Congratulations!

I gotta meet you one of these days. You're one of the few people who seems to celebrate this craziness.

By the way--and this is embarrassing to admit--but it's really 13 if you count the 2 Tweedy solo shows in Chicago back at the end of March. Ye gods.

Diane, you really are on the non-stop Wilco train! At this rate you'll be able to slide into next year's Solid Sound with nary a hiatus.

Diane, you really are on the non-stop Wilco train! At this rate you'll be able to slide into next year's Solid Sound with nary a hiatus.

Ah, but we know they're going on a mini hiatus. And so I must cram in every possible show till then, to tide me over. Sorta like storing up nuts for the winter, diligent squirrel that I am.

Always knew there was something nutty about you, girl! I can see only one show between last year's Solid Sound and next year's SS (pretty please, oh Wilco gods)---Columbus on August 4. I'm making the trip with my daughter and two of her college friends---one of whom can drive a stick and will come in very handy during the long, late-night journey home.

I gotta meet you one of these days. You're one of the few people who seems to celebrate this craziness.

By the way--and this is embarrassing to admit--but it's really 13 if you count the 2 Tweedy solo shows in Chicago back at the end of March. Ye gods.

Check you're messages here...and you know 13 is very auspicious number in the Cosmology of the Mayans...embrace the 13th Floor Elevatorage of the continuing unfurling of the ever expanding horizons of your Wilco wonderment...Celebrate! those things that make you levitate! Flying!! & flying the freak flag of full fledged Wilco craziness, & proud of it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwU4iCnWAPU

Going to MassMOCA tomorrow, Hartford CT on Wednesday.

We were at their Detroit show in December, saw both shows in Toronto, Solid Sound 2010 and 2011. East Lansing, MI 2010, Ann Arbor, MI in 2009, , Royal Oak, MI 2009

lokking forward to the show at MassMOCA- much smaller than the other venues where we've seen Wilco.

So a couple of weeks ago, I decided to attend the Behavior Change for a Sustainable World conference in Columbus, OH this weekend. A few days later I figured I'd check out the entertainment calendar for Columbus. I'm perusing the schedule for Saturday, 8/4, and... WILCO! Can't believe I hadn't noticed this before as I hit VC 4-5 times a week and check the tour page often. Got 4 GA tickets, so 3 lucky conference attendees will accompany me to the last show on this leg of the tour this Saturday!

OK show #1 was last year in Detroit, MI on December 10th, 2011.

Here's this Summer's list

2) Camden, N.J.- July 21st, 2012

3) Brooklyn, N.Y.- July 23rd, 2012

4) Brooklyn, N.Y.- July 24th, 2012

5) Manhattan, N.Y.- July 25th, 2012

6) Cooperstown, N.Y.- July 28th, 2012

7) North Adams/Mass MoCA- July 31st, 2012

8) Hartford, CT- August 1st, 2012

9) Rochester, N.Y.- August 3rd, 2012

10) Columbus, OH- August 4th, 2012

And if they did a residency in Chicago again this December, I'd do my best to get there & catch them.

I will do my best to get to any runs of more than one night within 6 hours or so...but 5 nights?!? I'd go to Chicago (which is 9-10 hrs.) for that!!!

OK show #1 was last year in Detroit, MI on December 10th, 2011.

Here's this Summer's list

2) Camden, N.J.- July 21st, 2012

3) Brooklyn, N.Y.- July 23rd, 2012

4) Brooklyn, N.Y.- July 24th, 2012

5) Manhattan, N.Y.- July 25th, 2012

6) Cooperstown, N.Y.- July 28th, 2012

7) North Adams/Mass MoCA- July 31st, 2012

8) Hartford, CT- August 1st, 2012

9) Rochester, N.Y.- August 3rd, 2012

10) Columbus, OH- August 4th, 2012

And if they did a residency in Chicago again this December, I'd do my best to get there & catch them.

I will do my best to get to any runs of more than one night within 6 hours or so...but 5 nights?!? I'd go to Chicago (which is 9-10 hrs.) for that!!!

So, did any one or two of the summer shows stand out above the rest for you?