Wilco - St. Augustine Ampitheatre 5/16/12

We definitely got the Rockin' Wilco setlist for St Augustine, maybe because they were dealing w/ a fairly tight curfew. I Noticed Jeff looking off-stage a couple of times during the encore, probably checking how much time they had left. We really had a great time - no problems w/ anybody in our center area down by the stage. Loved loved loved the acoustic Spiders.

Also, we bumped into John downtown the next day which was a pleasant surprise.

This was my first Wilco show and it was everything I had hoped for. I told my wife on the drive home that if they were playing Miami or Tampa after St. Augustine (instead of the other way around) I would have taken a couple of days off and hit all 3.

We've traveled to see other bands and we'll definitely be looking to see where we can go to catch more Wilco shows.

• 6 months later...

Not sure where else to post this, so here seemed the likely place.

Just got back from celebrating my little girl's 8th birthday -- she wanted an ice skating party.  Yes, we have that in Florida!  We're just not too good at it.  Anyway, every year they set up an ice rink basically on the stage of the St. Augustine Amphitheatre.  As we walked into the venue, it hit me --- the last time I was there was for Wilco back in May!  So we wobbled and slid around in the very spots where Jeff et al stood a mere six months ago.  Skating was fun and all, but if there was a time machine I'd have jumped back in a hot minute!

Cool story. Thanks for reviving this thread! It put me right back in that spot. Funny how the most memorable part of a show can be something that started with a technical difficulty. That was a monster version of A Shot In The Arm, all because the power went out for a couple minutes.