Current Golden Smog?

When was the last time Tweedy played with Golden Smog?

If I'm not mistaken, it was 9/19/06 at the Vic in Chicago. I wasn't there, unfortunately, but I know it was the last date of a brief tour supporting the "Another Fine Day" record. I saw the New York show on that run, but I think Jeff only sat in for the Chicago date.

Here's the VC thread about that show.

If I'm not mistaken, it was 9/19/06 at the Vic in Chicago. I wasn't there, unfortunately, but I know it was the last date of a brief tour supporting the "Another Fine Day" record. I saw the New York show on that run, but I think Jeff only sat in for the Chicago date.

Here's the VC thread about that show.

Thanks Paul, it was fun to revisit that old thread. :badger

not any more :(

Thanks for the terrific support--we are now well over 3/4 sold out for the Kill Kancer benefit on June 17. At this time, advance tickets are only available direct from the Cedar and online. Also, please note: although reports have been circulating that Jeff Tweedy will be appearing as a special guest at this benefit, Jeff is in fact NOT able to attend.

I am surprised, but find it refreshing, that no one has yet accused Jeff or someone associated with the show that the rumour was started to boost ticket sales as it is a charity event.

• 5 years later...

Just resurrecting this thread, as it seems to be the main Golden Smog thread on here.

I popped the old Down By the Old Mainstream disc into my car's CD player, and have been listening to it the past couple of days. I remember it mainly for Radio King, Walk Where He Walked and Ill Fated, but it also has a great Tweedy vocal I'd completely forgotten about: She Don't Have to See You. Great tune.

Hearing that JT circa 1996 voice gets me excited for the pending Being There reissue. I'd love to see an expanded reissue of the Golden Smog stuff from this era; too bad there's probably not enough of a market for it.

Just resurrecting this thread, as it seems to be the main Golden Smog thread on here.

I popped the old Down By the Old Mainstream disc into my car's CD player, and have been listening to it the past couple of days. I remember it mainly for Radio King, Walk Where He Walked and Ill Fated, but it also has a great Tweedy vocal I'd completely forgotten about: She Don't Have to See You. Great tune.

Hearing that JT circa 1996 voice gets me excited for the pending Being There reissue. I'd love to see an expanded reissue of the Golden Smog stuff from this era; too bad there's probably not enough of a market for it.

I think one of the new AM tracks is a Golden Smog song (EDIT: Yeah an alternate take of She Don't Have to See You, and Lost Love as well), so maybe something will happen?

I'd settle for a just a vinyl reissue of Down By The Old Mainstream and Weird Tales. In fact I don't think Weird Tales was ever issued on vinyl in the first place. Two of the only pieces missing in my collection.

That's cool. Yeah, I just meant it's too bad there's not a market for a deluxe reissue for Golden Smog the way there is for the Wilco releases.

Although you never know. I figured the Being There reissue was a 20th anniversary set until I remembered A.M. and Being There came out in '95 & '96, respectively.