Live from Barcelona (5-31-12)

Seems like this has been a particularly active trip to Barcelona for the band, between their own set at Primavera and yesterday's in-store set.

And here's video of Jeff's guest vocals on "Blue Moon" from the Big Star Third performance:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this site which has the audio. Now to capture it. Any suggestions?

http://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/45363

I clicked on the mp3 link you provided for the Wilco portion of the show and my computer asked me what I would like to open the file with and I chose iTunes. After it downloaded, it automatically went into my iTunes. There it sits to be listened to over and over again. Try it. It should work or use the YouTube converter.

Aww, man! Watched part of this today and was all set to curl up with the rest of it tonight, but now when you click on the video link in this thread, you get "This video is private." Same for the you tube link. There are some other videos posted on you tube of Wilco at the Primavera Festival, but poorer quality -- just taken by people in the crowd with their phones. I guess I'm lucky to have seen some of it (and acoustic Spiders, at that). If anyone has another good link to it, please post -- thank you!

Hola!!!!

I was at the concert at Primavera Sound (I agree that the set seemed too short to me) but it was a really good concert!!!! And they truly seemed to mean it when they said they love to play in Barcelona!

I also was one of the few lucky people that was able to see them playing at Revolver records. You can check their Twitter site where they have been updating info: @RevolverRecBCN #wilcoenrevolver

The record store announced the show the previous afternoon and had a contest in twitter to give 10 tickets for the front rows (I was REALLY lucky to get one of them). And I can assure you that the shop is as tiny as it looks! It was real fun and such an amazing experience to see them playing so close... It sounded quiet and beautiful and the band seemed to be enjoying themselves a lot (in a relaxed way) though I believe we were all too overwhelmed with the situation and we hardly dared to sing along until the last songs... The acoustic version of Heavy Metal Drummer was great, with Glen playing his "handmade" percussion kit placed on top of a chair... I'll try to post some pics and also two shorts clips I recorded (just the bit ends of "California Stars" and "Heavy Metal Drummer"... I didn't feel like recording that much as I was just enjoying the moment). They stayed after to sign records for all people (inside and also those listening and applauding outside on the street). So all in all two unforgetable days with Wilco in town!

Ooh no, thanks to Wilco for sharing that special time with their fans from Barcelona!! It was truly a gift! So here you have one of my mini clips (I can't seem to be be able to add more that one at a time):

(California Stars)

And the second one:

And I just found a piece of news from the local tv station. Great atmosphere report of fans and images from "Dawned on Me" the song they played for the press before opening for the real concert... And I'm there too, at minute 5.05, the happy lady talking to Jeff!!!!!!!

http://www.btv.cat/connexiobarcelona/

(there's no direct url, so choose the video on "Ultims programes" on the right hand side...).

Hola! Sí, hubiera sido demasiado arriesgado! La tienda es minúscula y se creó bastante expectación aunque pensé que iba a ser más caótico. Supongo que mucha gente debió de pensar lo mismo y ya no se acercó en masa... Bueno, fue una experiencia entrañable. Los fans estábamos como en una nube, felices y expectantes pero casi sin atrevernos a hacer ruido por no molestar mientras tocaban y ellos muy relajados y de buen rollo!

Ah, la conversación con los chicos fue muy cortita: mientras iban firmando les agradecí que vinieran siempre a Barcelona, comentaron su cariño al público de aquí, y ya está!

I recorded this and it actually looks quite good for a webcast. Will make a DVD in the next week or so.

Would love the chance to see the whole thing... especially excited for How to Fight Loneliness and Too Far Apart. Perhaps you'd be willing to burn an extra? Costs covered, of course.

And I just found a piece of news from the local tv station. Great atmosphere report of fans and images from "Dawned on Me" the song they played for the press before opening for the real concert... And I'm there too, at minute 5.05, the happy lady talking to Jeff!!!!!!!

http://www.btv.cat/connexiobarcelona/

(there's no direct url, so choose the video on "Ultims programes" on the right hand side...).

I see you! :) What a nice meet-and-greet that looks like, very relaxed. Thanks for sharing this video clip!

Ooooh gracias por la info, qué afortunados (Oh my God, hasta tocaron Country disappeared!!!), espero tener suerte y pillarlos este verano

Mientras, no sé si habrás visto esto, aprecio el gesto pero...QUÉ HORROR!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pb7jRdUp-_s

I actually enjoyed this version quite a bit. I wonder how many takes it took for Tweedy to nail the vocals in Spanish.

• 2 weeks later...