Sprint commercial

Is this Sprint Evo commercial with "I'm Always in Love" new? I can't find any reference to it on the board. First time I can remember hearing a Wilco song (or in this case, a cover of it) in a commercial since the good ol' Volkswagen days of '07. I got a kick out of it once I realized what I was hearing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and kids summoned me to the living room last night to watch it. It's funny because at the beginning I felt like I had heard the melody before but didn't think much of it. However, once it really started going and the people sang the lyrics.....the usual chill bumps ensued. I LoveThat Song!

In 2007, by now this thread would have had about five pages of passionate outrages and defenses. Ah, the good ol' days...

In 2007, by now this thread would have had about five pages of passionate outrages and defenses. Ah, the good ol' days...

If you want I can bring back the picture of Jeff with the photoshopped Hitler mustache.

--Mike

And good old neon would have challenged a couple of people to step outside...

What happened to him?

No idea. Might have been recorded for the commercial. Whoever owns the publishing (the writer) has to sign off on this...so that would be Jeff.

Edit: Here is some more info:

http://ca.finance.ya...-140000473.html

“Keeping this in mind, we chose to announce the newest version of the phone by creating a unique rendition of Wilco’s hit love song. The final TV spot is powerful and strikes a chord artistically and from a product-feature standpoint.”

Hit love song. Heh. :lol

Clearly not Wilco performing.

No idea. Might have been recorded for the commercial. Whoever owns the publishing (the writer) has to sign off on this...so that would be Jeff.

The songwriting credits on Summerteeth were given to the entire band so the estate of Jay Bennett, John Stirratt and Ken Coomer (provided he isn't still trapped in a basement) oughta be getting a few royalties kicked their way as well.

--Mike

I think it's a travesty.

But some of them actually use Sprint products...while driving Volkswagens...full of gas from Wilco travel stations...

What exactly is the travesty? The commercial itself? The commercialization? The phone? Sprint? The flash mob idea?