i don't see Atlanta on the tour date list (but Albany gets two shows...huh):

They used to always come here, but that could be because they rehearsed at Adrian's house in Nashville, so they were already nearby.

maybe someone in the band lives in Albany.

seriously, that's a weird city to include on an itinerary like that.

I hadn't thought about that.   Maybe they wanted to do a couple shows in a lower profile city to get warmed up.

Same setlist each night? Maybe a couple rotating songs?

That's how it was on the Thrak double trio tour.  I saw both Atlanta shows.  They did one extra encore song on night two (added Talking Drum), and swapped out one or two songs (can't remember which ones...probably something from Three of a Perfect Pair)  in the main set.   One would think back-to-back shows in the same ciy would be the opportune time to make significant setlist changes, but they didn't.

it's really surprising that belew is not out on this tour given that he's been touring crimson material with the crimson project.  they even put an album out.

I believe that Belew isn't a big fan of the larger band multiple drummer formats, so with this beast of a lineup I can see why he'd pass.

I believe that Belew isn't a big fan of the larger band multiple drummer formats, so with this beast of a lineup I can see why he'd pass.

Actually, Fripp did not invite Belew into this lineup.  Belew dealt with it graciously.  He double drummed with Bruford on a few tours; opening with the Simmons drum double drumming in "Waiting Man" (the Three of a Perfect Pair tour if I remember correctly) was amazing.