• 1 month later...

OK! Let's get this thing going, people. I could probably put together a calendar from what's been submitted here already (lots of great stuff!), but I'd like to have a different VCer represented for each month. Please submit something, if you haven't already! :)

To refresh your memory, here's what the last one looked like: http://www.zazzle.co...172879136688581

Here are the Zazzle specs:

• We support JPEG, PNG, GIF, or TIFF files.
    • Calendars are created at a minimum of 200ppi (pixels per inch).
    • To fill the full area, we recommend that you use images that are equal to or larger than the recommended sizes below. You can design your calendar with images much smaller than these recommended sizes and place them anywhere on the calendar.
    • calendar design area:
      • Two page
        • Standard - image area is 11" x 8.5": 2200x1700 pixels
        • Huge - image area is 14.25" x 11": 2850x2200 pixels
        • Small - image area is 7" x 5.5": 1400x1100 pixels

[*]Single Page

• Standard - image area is 11" x 8.5": 2200x1700 pixels
        • Small - image area is 7" x 5.5": 1400x1100 pixels

[*]If your image is bigger than these sizes, it'll turn out even better since it will be printed at an even higher resolution than the minimum.

(Last one was 2-page standard size, so assume that again.)

And please please please, note that we do NOT want Wilco-themed art for this. Some discussion on that above.

Anyone who is interested, try to get something posted in here in the next six weeks or so, and let's see if we can get something ready for holiday gift-giving. :santa

• 1 month later...

Last chance, y'all. I'm going to go through this thread this weekend and see if we've got enough non-Wilco artwork, with enough VCers represented, to do this. PLEASE read the above posts on why we don't want Wilco-themed artwork, on the size/resolutions required, etc. If you've got something posted in here and I need a different size, I'll be contacting you to see if you've got an alternate version. And before putting any of these in a calendar, I'll be requesting your express permission, so if you've posted in here, please keep an eye on your PMs, check your spam folders, whatever it takes to get that message and get back to me in a timely manner.

Thanks for contributing, everyone!

Donna, I did not receive your e-mails!  Are you sure you've got my current e-mail address?  It's a gmail, let me know if that's not where you're sending.

I hate to say it, since there are so many beautiful pictures in this thread but... I had said pretty early on that I'd like to get a larger sample of photographers/artists included.  I'm really not sure that we've got enough that meet the criteria to go forward with this.  I'm looking for more people to contribute; the folks that have already contributed have posted some amazing work, but we've really only got a pretty small number of people who've contributed non-Wilco-specific photos/art.  I was hoping to be able to have a different VCer's submission for each month.

I'll leave this open until the end of the week.  If we get more contributors, I'll take another look at that point.  If we don't get enough in time, we'll keep this open into next year, and see if we can't expand the pool in time for a 2014 calendar!

Maudie, nope, I guess I've got an old email (linux). Update me & i'll try again! :)

C'mon, folks, I know we have many talented and original photographers amongst us! Come share some of your favorites for our calendar! I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got...just think, you might be August! Or November! Even, February!

We've got a lot of great pictures here, but I'm still not sure that we've got enough VC representation to make up a whole calendar. There are a total of 8 people who've contributed 34 total pics, but... I'd still like to see a few more entries.  I was hoping that we'd have a different VCer for each page.

Please note:  I'm not counting the folks who posted Wilco-themed art in this thread (please go back and read my previous posts if you haven't yet, there's a reason we can't use those).

So if you've posted something Wilco-themed and want to post a non-Wilco-themed entry, please do so now!!!

Everyone else who's posted, thanks so much, and I'm hoping we'll get to use your contributions. :)  If not this year, next year for sure!