Kane County show-where's the info

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curfew 10:00 for this?

hmm... can't find it now, but I swear earlier they posted a schedule on facebook that said wilco from 8:05 to 10 followed by fireworks.

I don't see it now, but I thought for sure I read that

hmm... can't find it now, but I swear earlier they posted a schedule on facebook that said wilco from 8:05 to 10 followed by fireworks.

I don't see it now, but I thought for sure I read that

I'm sure you're right. They really should just play through the fireworks. I think it's about that time in their career - maybe a pyro-filled version of Jesus, etc?

Isn't that what it's titled on the Loose Furs release? Where does "Not for the Season" come from?

When people need a quick name for a new song, they just pick up on repeated phrases in the new song they hear in concert. It happened to Radiohead with Nude, which was known as Big Ideas (even though a minute portion of Radiohead fans were calling it Nude while they were testing it for like those 10 years). I can only assume the same thing happened to Laminated Cat (Not For The Season).

EDIT: I may be mistaken, but I thought Wilco occassionally writes Not For The Season on their setlists as well sometimes.

I'm sure you're right. They really should just play through the fireworks. I think it's about that time in their career - maybe a pyro-filled version of Jesus, etc?

fireworks during Spiders electric would be awesome! Or during the transition from Poor Places into Spiders haha.

Can't Wilco be more like Neil Young and open up a show with Spiders acoustic, and close it with Spiders electric? Same goes for Sunken Treasure, I think that'd be awesome!

Side With The Seeds?

not surprising, this set list is very much like the lists of all six wilco shows i've seen the last three years ("new album" cuts between the last two albums excepted). not complaining, just saying. (including laminated cat acoustic during the fabulous Evening with Wilco tour when they went into and out of the acoustic set with no breaks)

When people need a quick name for a new song, they just pick up on repeated phrases in the new song they hear in concert. It happened to Radiohead with Nude, which was known as Big Ideas (even though a minute portion of Radiohead fans were calling it Nude while they were testing it for like those 10 years). I can only assume the same thing happened to Laminated Cat (Not For The Season).

EDIT: I may be mistaken, but I thought Wilco occassionally writes Not For The Season on their setlists as well sometimes.

Wilco recorded demos of that song for Yankee Hotel Foxtrot that are still around titled under "Not For the Season" but they were never released under that title obviously. I'm sure that's where the name comes from originally.

I remember a few years ago at the second night of back-to-back shows at the Pabst Theatre, Jeff came out wearing a Brewers hat, and during the encore break my friend through his Cubs hat on stage. It took awhile, but eventually Nels found it and Jeff tried it on but it was too small haha. Everyone booed also since it was Milwaukee.

Well, they're done in Europe as of August 18. And their next show listed on the Wilcoworld page is September 16, in Columbia, MO. So it's logistically feasible, anyway...

Any chance that site confused Wilco with the Waco Brothers? :)

Good point about the Waco Bros., but I would be happy if it wasnt a mistake, as I already got my hideout block party ticket. Wilco would just add to an already great event.