Wilco (officially released live shows)

On top of all those gigs, we're launching a little experiment. We're selling high quality downloads of select live shows in the new Roadcase section of The Wilco Store. The first two shows are available now… June 23rd from Red Rocks and July 8th from the ballpark in Geneva, IL. Both were epic. Various audio formats are available and we'll be adding additional shows in the coming weeks. Check it all out HERE.

Roadcase 001 / June 23, 2012 / Red Rocks Amphitheatre (WILR01)
Roadcase 002 / July 8, 2012 / Geneva, IL (WILR02)
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet those shows will end up on a BT site or blog eventually.

I'm hoping not, they'll just stop doing it. I know DIME won't allow it, anything officially released is banned.

Well that's interesting - the price is decent enough. I will probably just stick with the AUD. recordings, though.

I bet they won't change their taping policy, but perhaps their method of sharing might change. Hopefully they won't go by the way of the Allman Brothers.

True - I meant the mostly illegal BT sites, of course.

That's an inevitability in this day and age. But with them sticking with downloads and not offering a physical product, the cost for doing this can't be all that much in the grand scheme of things and should always result in instant profits to fund continuing the "experiment".

I for one would love to see this be an overwhelming success to where they start doing it with most shows going forward.

Oh, I'm ALL OVER the Red Rocks night #2 since I was there and it was a really good show. I just don't do AUD recordings, can't stand 'em. For me its a good SBD or nothing. I'm assuming these are good SBD recordings or at least a good SBD/AUD matrix?

My wife swears that Pat did not sing on You Are My Face at this show, but he did at Forecastle, but she still thought the vocals were better by John at Red Rocks, although not as good as the killer version of the song on the Ashes DVD, in which Pat was out front with a guitar to sing the song. She's quite tuned into this song and notices stuff that I sometimes don't. ;)

So happy to see this news! Funny that many times over the last several weeks I've wished that Wilco would set up a live download site, and here it is. I come from the GD, Phish, Allmans, Mule, etc world, where this has been going on for sometime. A really crisp audience is always nice, and can be preferable to a sterile sounding board, but I love that they did this. I'm buying, today.

This could be a very good thing. I hope they release some shows that never surfaced on DIME or etree, like the 2010 show at Strathmore.

That would be cool. I wonder how long they have been recording their own shows, though. Perhaps, all bands always record their own shows - I don't know.

Don't think you want PJ model...."only personal recorders" no stands or external mics.

I wasn't aware of those specifics, as I'm not a taper. I have always heard PJ was "taper friendly" but I guess there's some wiggle room in that category.

Let's hope they don't change anything. Those you want to buy live shows can do so and be happy. And those who collect (for lack of a better term) AUD and old SBD shows can continue doing what they do.

I think it is awesome. Wilco doesn't seem like a band that will change there tapping policy seeing as they are all guys who have listened to and enjoyed tapes from live shows. But now we have the option to buy a guaranteed high quality version of live shows... why not?