Tweedy's summer outfit

I'm with you on this one. It seems almost painful to watch him in that hat and coat, and he's drenched by the end of the set. My only guess is that he's trying to hide a few pounds and a few less hairs, but I wish he'd trust us to love him no matter what. I want to see him clean-shaven with his hair loose and free, like it was back at the beginning of the tour in Tampa. And yes, please lose the jacket. It makes me hot just to look at it.

Jeff, if you're reading this, bust out of that camouflage and let us see you in all your glory at Mass MoCA.

My only guess is that he's trying to hide a few pounds and a few less hairs, but I wish he'd trust us to love him no matter what.

I think you're probably right. I liked the jacket/hat the first 5 times he wore it but now in this weather, it's getting kind of absurd. I guess it's become his touring uniform. I always thought he looked fine in just jeans in a t-shirt but who cares, the man is a genius and can wear whatever the hell he wants even if it makes me itchy to look at him :frog

Can't wait for tonight's show! and MASS MoCA next week too.

I guess it's become his touring uniform. I always thought he looked fine in just jeans in a t-shirt but who cares, the man is a genius and can wear whatever the hell he wants even if it makes me itchy to look at him :frog

OCD in action, maybe! :D Yeah, I agree, it's his choice, but still, I'm ready to pass out after just a few minutes out in this heat wearing light summer gear, so I don't know how he's doing it on stage under hot lights. Based on one of the recent pictures posted in Facebook, it looks like Mikeal and John are wearing long sleeves too!?

I still have vivid memories (nightmares actually) of Garcia taking the stage in shorts during hot summer stadium shows. Given that choice, I'm happy to see Tweedy in his sport coat and hat stage attire. (But I wouldn't mind if he mixed it up a little with a different jacket). The band usually wears nice looking long sleeve shirts, even in the heat. It's one thing for the crowd to be in tee shirts, shorts and sandals, but these guys are on stage performing, and I'm glad to see that they have enough respect for their position to put on some nice looking clothes, even if they are going to sweat through it in about a minute.

I also share those same nightmares...more along the lines of Weir's "daisy dukes" :crybaby I appreciate understand the "respect the music...i.e. performer appearance" I just hope that he's healthy and happy! Your comment reminds me of when I took my wife to see Dylan and Paul Simon a few years back, she made the comment that Dylan not only outperformed Simon he was better dressed!

Everytime I see Jeff perform I think about how hot he must be. Even at the inside shows during winter. I always say to myself I wish he had short sleeves on. I'm tired of seeing him in his jean jackets and suit jackets. I wanna see more skin! :)

We love you Jeff

never seen him wear shorts lol.. well that goes for jim james, vedder etc also... jim james wears scarves and shit most summer shows lol

There is video of a young Jeff in shorts and high top chucks when he was in tupelo. Whoo Hoo. I think its the video of them covering Dylan's "knockin on heavens door" .

never seen him wear shorts lol.. well that goes for jim james, vedder etc also... jim james wears scarves and shit most summer shows lol

Eddie used to wear shorts a lot.

Back in the day, Jeff wore a denim jacket in the middle of summer! I seriously dig that hat of his though. At the Charlottesville show, he was wearing a t-shirt with Mark Twain on it & I'm guessing a quote from Twain underneath. was anyone who was there able to make out what it said?

Am I first one to make a spotting that shirt is from Abba style as broadcast love of song of SOS? It must be old version after much time in washing tub, as all sequin have removed! Only sparkle left is one in our hearts when we hum tune of this very same pop masterpiece to selves. That is fine feeling for sure! Make it your aim for this day and greet all neighbour with the smile of inner content. This is the Swedish way.

leslie_tin_foil.jpg

And of Swedish way number two example I present perfect summer attire that has the very airy nature but also full protect against the nasty fat splash from outdoor roasting feast. This is always a danger with the walrus meat. His last revenge ha ha! But we still enjoy!

Welfare!

I've wondered the same thing. Even though it seems that most jackets would require dry cleaning, these must be wash and wear. Remember that Jeff has learned how to use the washing machine, keeping things clean, but I guess they get the laundry done after the show or before the show at the next night's venue.