Question about photos with Jeff

Hello,

I was wondering, based on peoples experience, what the chances are of getting a picture with Jeff? Do they do signing or pictures after their shows or anything? Whens the best time to get the opportunity to get a picture? Thanks all for your help.

This depends on the venue. I caught up with Jeff after a show in Wilmington, DE back in 2008. Small theater, bus was parked right out back. I didn't ask him to sign anything, but did get a picture.

A lot of venues have private areas where the bus pulls right up to the venue, which makes pictures/meetings much harder, if not impossible.

I do not speak from experience, but from others throughout the years talking about it here on the board, it is rather hard, but not impossible. Jeff is like a ghost when it comes to pics. He is hard to capture, but when you do, he sometimes will give photos. If you watch the doc, I am trying to break your heart, you see a few times that Jeff is just not very comfortable in a one on one or small group setting. I would love to meet the man myself one day, and won't give up hope. Bob

Last May I went to Miami just to see Wilco so I stayed at the theater after lunch, to try to talk to the band before the show. Jeff was the first that appeared, he was going out to walk, spoke quickly and when he came back I took a photo and autographed my wilco toy art . He was very kind and funny! :)

Thank you all for your feedback. I'll be seeing them in Rochester, NY at the Highland Bowl on Aug 3rd. I'm not the most sociable person either, but Jeff is a biggie for me, and a huge musical inspiration. No idea what this venue is like, I just moved to NY state from Montana a few months ago, and its gonna be a new experience. I saw them in 2007 I think in MIssoula, MT and it was pretty much impossible to get a picture. Right when they were done, they went straight to the bus and didn't come out (granted it was snowing and -20 degrees F outside. lol

I'll be attending the Rochester, NY show as well and will probably be doing the exact same thing as you. Good luck, and may we both be sucessful in meeting one'a tha' Wilco's.

I am going to guess that if you couldn't get a picture in Missoula Mt, which is a fairl small town, you won't get one at a large venue in Rochester either. In the past five years Wilco has become a much bigger act than it was back in the 2000s. Every night Wilco puts it all out there and it seems like the eastern leg of this tour is particularly grueling, so they may want to just chill after the show. It is also a pretty good haul from Rochester to Columbus Ohio the next day.

Do the stage door thing and good luck though. (We don't see the band members that much around Chicago anymore either. Well Pat more often than anyone else because he doesn't have a family.)

LouieB