Wilco — 7/31/12, North Adams, MA (Hunter Center at MASS MoCA)

The wife and I had a nice drive up from CT. The drive in along the Mohawk Trail from I-91 was smooth and quite scenic. Got our wristbands early, checked into the Holiday Inn, went to dinner and had a few beers on the deck out back of the art gallery store before the show. Stood in the relatively short line to get inside the auditorium. Sat on the floor in front of Nels' position about three rows of people back and waited for the fun to begin. Glad there was no local act to open and outside of One Sunday Boring, they rocked the roof off the place. I love leaving a concert with ringing in what little of my ears I have left. Overall, a great day, night and next morning in North Adams. Strange to see the town so empty as compared to when the Solid Sound Festival crowd is inhabiting the place. Met a few nice people from North Adams who were standing next to us pre-show. One of them lives in a 6,000 square foot loft in one of the old converted mills in town. Imagine how many tents he could fit in his place next June?

We also had a nice drive from Nh across Vermont and stayed in Bennington. We got to N. Adams at about 6pm got wristbands (no line) and got a bite to eat at the HUB, also weird to see NA so dead although the HUB was pretty crowded and I do not think they expected it! Got to Mass MOCA around 7:15 got a couple beers and ended up 2 rows back between Pat and John, I guess I am in the minority that I actually love One Sunday Morning as an opener, nice mellow way to start a very rockin Wilco show but the highlight for me was my first live "Shes a Jar" made my night! Great crowd, great show, great place!

My beef with One Sunday Morning is not the song itself for the most part. Yeah, it goes on forever and doesn't take you anywhere, (I actually like the little riff) however, it's too damned long for a concert IMO. Why waste valuable concert time (see shows where encores are cut short or songs are cut out because of a local curfew) with a ten minute plus tune that should be three to four minutes max.? Give me Far Far Away, The Thanks I Get or some other two or three songs that we haven't heard live in ages in its' place. Maybe condense it to three or four minutes and lead into another song with it? Just my two cents that no one cares to hear, I'm sure. Either Way is mellow enough for me to start a concert with.

The wife and I had a nice drive up from CT. The drive in along the Mohawk Trail from I-91 was smooth and quite scenic.

It's a nice drive up if you do it during the day...good idea to stay over. I drove back after midnight which put me home in CT at 2am. Not a good idea after being up at 5am! The show was DEFINITELY worth it though!

Agreed. I was talking to a woman who ran the gas station I filled up at for the ride home and I asked her about the lack of water in the river. She said the utilities up river and the state governments of VT and Mass. are cutting off the flow. Every once in a while they open the floodgates (usually on weekends). It is killing the tourist industries that rely on there being water in the river. It's a shame.