Presidential Race (Respector Edition)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, the ad hominem attacks continue. (An attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or unrelated belief of the person supporting it.)

Why do you folks believe these lying bastards? Are they relatives of yours?

Either Mitt Romney or Barack Obama is going to be the next president of the United States. No amount of youtube videos and diatribes on the evils of the Fed and our corporate overlords is going to change that. Do I believe everything PBO says, no. You would be a fool to believe everything a candidate says. Do I wish there wasn't huge amount of corporate influence in politics, of course. Do I wish there is a viable third party candidate, certainly.

So why do I support PBO, because his policies are closely to my beliefs than Romney. I want a person who will govern as close as possible to my beliefs. Do I agree with everything PBO does and says, no.

Taking the economics out of the race, and regardless of what you say PBO and Mitt Romney are very different. Just off the top of my head, abortion, LGBT rights, and the environment. Do you care either way on any of those issues? Apparently, according to you, we are doomed economically anyway, so before the collapse wouldn't want someone as president who thinks the same way you? Wouldn't you want to vote for that person? Or are you going to vote third party? Which many people say is throwing away your vote, but I think is good. I wish many people would vote third party to show how viable a third party candidate can be. Heck one may win some day. Or on Nov. 6th are you going to sit at home, not vote and then continue to bitch how the Fed has us all doomed?

Wow, a publication I have actually heard of. Amazing.

Just for the record, I don't necessarily believe the "lying bastards" at the Fed or anywhere else, I just don't necessarily trust some other lying bastard either, which includes a whole raft of the borderline cyber-publications that keep being quoted here. Many are so dreadfully partisan in such ideological backwaters that it is hard to believe they are telling the truth either and in fact they may not be ,because truth is a tough commidity, particularly in the area of economics which is so dreadfully unscientific.

So everyone or anyone can get bent out of shape because we seem to be ignoring what is an obvious truth, but truth is very rarely obvious to everyone, and may not be obvious even to a particular individual on a different day. Most people are ruled by their prejudices and pre (or mis) conceptions and can't look at anything objectively, or even reasonably objectively. (Take for example the "fact" that we have had government interference and regulatoin in the marketplace for a century. That isn't even true and going back to the unfettered capitalism before WWI doesn't seem a good option to anyone but the most wacky. Ask all those kids who used to work, workers who died as a result of injury on the job, those who worked more than 5 days a week or 40 hours a week, etc etc.)

So for that reason if some of us are extremely sceptical of what is being said here or wish to support for president someone who seems more correct than flat out wrong (even though there may be small differences between them such as who they may appoint to the Supreme Court, etc.); that;s the way it goes. Feel free to vote for Romney if you want because you hate Obama. Feel free to vote for no one because clearly Obama and Romney are the same thing (yup, they are both running for the same job, not some other job like "President of the Free Peoples Republic of whomever wants a completely different system without a central bank or any government controls on most everything".)

Me personally, I am not taking my chances with Mitt Romney. I would prefer to take my chance with Barack Obama despite all his flaws. No one else is going to be elected this year. So when someone wants to run for president with a platform of keeping their hands off of women's bodies, allowing anyone to marry someone of whichever gender they want, sharply curtailing the military, giving us real personal freedom, healthcare for all, creating jobs for both the middle class and the poor (the forgotten factor in this and nearly every election lately), equal educational opportunities for all no matter where those people live, supporting the elderly and disabled with dignity, supporting only righteous governments in other countries, dismantling the nuclear arsenal, etc etc etc etc., sign me up to support that person. (It sure as hell ain't Ron or Rand Paul or most any of the mainstream libertarians.) Meanwhile, like I said, I am taking my chances with the mixed race guy from the Kenwood/Chicago. He's good enough for the moment and a far cry better than that stiff white guy.

LouieB

Hey brother KevinG...Nice Post. Feel free to read mine since our minds must be in the same gutter. Meanwhile I am pretty much done with commenting in this thread.

LouieB

Which Birch? As in John Birch? Please elaborate. Thanks.

LouieB

Actually it goes back to before that and there is a mix of groups like the patriot party now the tea party. the waco and ruby ridge folks were all anti fed as well. It really starts with anti semitism and that the jews run world banking.

also anti CFR, world bank and UN. not sure why they align themselves with the republican party of the new millenium

Actually it goes back to before that and there is a mix of groups like the patriot party now the tea party. the waco and ruby ridge folks were all anti fed as well. It really starts with anti semitism and that the jews run world banking.

also anti CFR, world bank and UN. not sure why they align themselves with the republican party of the new millenium

Thank goodness I am part of the evil cabal, the Jews. Where do I sign up for my part of the action, cause I ain't never seen it.

LouieB

Lou, you'll be back. I've said the same thing many times but you guys keep pulling me back in. This is currently the most read thread on this forum. You've got to give the people what they want. Most are not posting but I don't know why. I'm not the one going to call them crazy heartless hippie bastards. The more participation the merrier.

I don't understand why you guys don't find this obvious or reasonable. It makes perfect sense to me... :D

This is going to happen to the Keynesians as surely as it happened to the Marxists. (not wanting to admit they were Keynesians after the collapase) The Keynesians basically got a free ride, and have for over 60 years. Their system is illogical. It is incoherent. Students taking undergraduate courses in economics never really remember the categories. That is because they are illogical categories. They all rest on the idea that government spending can goose the economy, but they cannot explain how it is that the government gets its hands on the money to do the stimulative spending without at the same time reducing spending in the private sector. The government has to steal money to boost the economy, but this means that the money that is stolen from the private sector is removed as a source of economic growth.

The Keynesian economic system makes no sense. But, decade after decade, the Keynesians get away with utter nonsense. None of their peers will ever call them to account. They go merrily down the mixed-economy road, as if that road were not leading to a day of economic destruction. They are just like Marxist economists and academics in 1960, 1970, and 1980. They are oblivious to the fact that they are going over the cliff with the debt-ridden, over-leveraged Western economy, because they are committed in the name of Keynesian theory to the fractional-reserve-banking system, which cannot be sustained either theoretically or practically.

The problem we are going to face at some point as a nation and in fact as a civilization is this: there is no well-developed economic theory inside the corridors of power that will explain to the administrators of a failed system what they should do after the system collapses. This was true in the Eastern bloc in 1991. There was no plan of action, no program of institutional reform. This is true in banking. This is true in politics. This is true in every aspect of the welfare-warfare state. The people at the top are going to be presiding over a complete disaster, and they will not be able to admit to themselves or anybody else that their system is what produced the disaster. So, they will not make fundamental changes. They will not restructure the system, by decentralizing power, and by drastically reducing government spending. They will be forced to decentralize by the collapsed capital markets.

http://mises.org/dai...of-Keynesianism

Don't let facts get in the way of a faulty policy...

The Last Housing Crash Is Not Even Over But Bernanke Is Already Setting The Stage For The Next One

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/the-last-housing-crash-is-not-even-over-but-bernanke-is-already-setting-the-stage-for-the-next-one

By the way, I've posted info about Romney's family Mexican connection, the corporate controlled media, Obama's dealings with countries who use children soldiers, Israel's crazy leader and answered all of Lost Highways questions in the past 24 hours or so. Christ, I even spelled out my political philosophy to you. You all complain about my Fed posts but where are your thoughts on those issues? Those can't be boring topics to you as well? Are we supposed to talk only about the superficial aspects of the election like the debates, or who paid what in taxes or who's wife is better looking? That, to me is boring.

We can all differ without accusing the other person of being some nut job because they don't have the same beliefs as you.I don't think I have resorted to name calling or personal attacks here. If I have, I'm sure you'll let me know. I might challenge someone's beliefs but that is far from attacking them personally or suggesting that someone go f**k themselves as was done over the Obama phone issue. The good thing is, time will tell who is correct on the economic issues. The road being used to kick that proverbial economic can down is fast coming to an end. Save your ire and loathing for those responsible for that rather than a person who is only trying to get you to realize it is happening. Some here defend these politicians as if they hold some special knowledge about how they should run our lives. They are beholden to special interests and don't give one shit about you and I. Voting for either of them IMO just gives this corrupt system legitimacy.

Did I suck you back in Lou? I could keep going but you've heard it all already and I know it is getting late.

I like Romney for supporting the keystone pipeline.

Perhaps because he is in bed with the Koch brothers.

But the whole tax cuts for millionaires, fix the deficit by increasing the military thing doesn't stick in your maw?

Sparky you can look on the ground and tell theres not gonna be another housing crisis. its already played out

Maybe you should read this and open your eyes to reality...

The Fed Plays All Its Cards

http://lewrockwell.c.../schiff181.html

Here's an interesting bit of info from a website most of you here will respect... :D

ACLU Report: Obama administration expands domestic spying

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2012/oct2012/spy-o01.shtml

Perhaps because he is in bed with the Koch brothers.

But the whole tax cuts for millionaires, fix the deficit by increasing the military thing doesn't stick in your maw?

First of all let me just say I would never let anything stick in my maw. Hahaha but seriously, no not really.

Who would you admit Obama is in bed with?

Obama is funded by a number of larger financial institutions. I don't deny that may have tempered some of his reform measures, but it doesn't change the fact that the Republican party wants to dismantly a lot of the regulation and consumer protection measures he put in place.

Obama is to date, neither for, nor against the pipeline. He wanted more conclusive studies on the potential environmental impact and how it would play out with some of the indigenous folks' reservation that it would run through. I value that kind of careful consideration in my president.

Like Fannie and Freddie? ;)

I believe the Obama administration rejected the pipeline in their report to congress citing a lack of "long term jobs" and true oil potential. Are those studies you mentioned underway or at the very least given a date? I'm not disputing Obamas concerns you mentioned I just don't recall them being the "main" reasons.

As a side note, I would have appreciated that same careful consideration when putting together his health care overhaul.

As a side note, I would have appreciated that same careful consideration when putting together his health care overhaul.

I would have appreciated some input or compromise from the GOP on Health Care so we wouldn't have had to go through the mess we did. I fully believe that the economy would be stronger and we would have a better Health Care system/option in place if the sole purpose of the GOP was to make Obama a one term president.

You mean this health care plan???

"Obamacare Summed Up in One Sentence"

From a video posted on YouTube that shows Dr. Barbara Bellar speaking at a Women for Romney/Ryan rally last month:

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/02/doctor-seeking-illinois-senate-seat-offers-brutal-diagnosis-obamacare-in-viral/#ixzz28FVcTRZD

"So let me get this straight. This is a long sentence.

We are going to be gifted with a healthcare plan that we are forced to purchase, and fined if we don't, which reportedly covers ten million more people without adding a single new doctor, but provides for sixteen thousand new IRS agents,written by a committee whose chairman doesn't understand it, passed by congress, that didn't read it, but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief,who didn't pay his taxes, for which we will be taxed for four years before any benifits take effect, by a government which has bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that is broke.

So what the blank could possibly go wrong?"

We are going to be gifted with a healthcare plan that we are forced to purchase, and fined if we don't, which reportedly covers ten million more people without adding a single new doctor, but provides for sixteen thousand new IRS agents,written by a committee whose chairman doesn't understand it, passed by congress, that didn't read it, but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief,who didn't pay his taxes, for which we will be taxed for four years before any benifits take effect, by a government which has bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that is broke.

Jeez, talk about ad hominem...

You mean this health care plan???

"Obamacare Summed Up in One Sentence"

From a video posted on YouTube that shows Dr. Barbara Bellar speaking at a Women for Romney/Ryan rally last month:

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/02/doctor-seeking-illinois-senate-seat-offers-brutal-diagnosis-obamacare-in-viral/#ixzz28FVcTRZD

"So let me get this straight. This is a long sentence.

Certainly better than anything she has put forth. It is one thing to bitch another to offer solutions.

I feel the same way with your fed rants.