Presidential Race (Respector Edition)

so people actually believe that there will be 16000 new IRS agents?? I mean like they believe its actually true? how friggin gullible could you possibly be?

I was hoping to get one of those jobs!!! :usa :D

LouieB

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lou, how was the vacation?

You could also drink each time one of the corporate puppets lies...

Obama and Romney to face real lie detector test during debate

Anyone still get their news from CNN???

http://www.liveleak....=67d_1349230061

"A cartel is there only to promote the interests of the members of the cartel"

Seems to be the consensus. If you think so, probably was. Lehrer was the biggest loser of the night, though.

The talking heads on msnbc heads are exploding right now. Chris Matthews looked like he is going to cry.

That debate was way better than I expected, more substantive. Romney was much better put together than he has appeared for a while. I thought Obama's responses were thoughtful and complete. Nonetheless, Romney's energy when making his point was assertive and confident.

I will say that it was interesting to look at their faces while the other was commenting. Obama had this smug smile. Romney kept looking like he was going to cry when Barack was speaking.

Interestingly, a quick swing by msnbc, and Foxnews show that based on headlines alone neither biased media source seems to be showing much of a bias as far as who came out on top with the debate. We'll see how much that changes by tomorrow.

I noticed Obama would frown and shake his head when he did not agree with something Romney had to say. I've always been taught that's not a good thing when debating.

I have never seen Romney like he was tonight. Acted like a seasoned debater.

I would put a paycheck on Obama coming out completely different at the next debate.

Oh that was an upsetting debate. Romney appeared so much stronger than Obama it made me sick. I know it's bullshit-- just say everything should be pushed back to the states and the federal government should get out of it and somehow the free market economy will make everything all right-- but perception counts for so much. I'm hoping that the analysts and fact checkers will bring some much needed perspective to all of this. It just boils down to a difference in world view.

Basically, I'm truly stunned and frankly horrified at how well Romney came off in this debate, if you don't think about the substance and truth of what he said.

Ack-I need sleep. Tell me it will all be better in the morning.

Basically, I'm truly stunned and frankly horrified at how well Romney came off in this debate, if you don't think about the substance and truth of what he said.

Horrified?

I tried to watch but just couldn't stomach it. Agree that Mitt seemed confident and polished, while Obama was not nearly as much so. But neither of them answered the questions directly and they just kept hammering the same points ad nauseum. And that was just in the first five minutes!

Wake me up when it's over.

After having a night to sleep on the debate it seems that PBO was just too wonkish. He seemed tired and a bit bored by the whole thing. I think he underestimated Romney, he did not understand the format (or what the format became). Mostly (and I think this is the bothersome problem for many progressives) he did not call Romney out on his BS. There where plenty of times where Romney lied or stretched the truth and PBO did not call him out (the 716 billion form Medicare, Romney and his tax cuts, no mention of the 47%, no mention of Romney's ER plan for healthcare). Stuff we have been debating in here, he did not have a simple grasp on.

I can't help but wonder if Obama is pacing this thing between the three debates to give it an arc. I know that sounds like a disingenuous idea, but it could be an effective strategy.

Ryan versus Biden is going to be fascinating. I have no prediction for how that will play out.

Romeny looked like he wanted to be president so badly he was ready to burst (and say about anything he could to get there) and Obama looked like he was already President and a bit tired. It all sounded a bit too much like stump speeches to me. No game changers that's for sure.

LouieB

I can't help but wonder if Obama is pacing this thing between the three debates to give it an arc. I know that sounds like a disingenuous idea, but it could be an effective strategy.

This is exactly what I think. It's a very risky strategy, but I think they're setting a trap for Romney. Americans, especially undecided voters, have short memories, and the upcoming debates which are (obviously) closer to election day are going to be the most likely to sway voters.

I had the same thought, but frankly I just think Barack is tired.

While all Mitt had to do was prepare for this debate, Obama still has to be President of the United States and campaign. Meanwhile Romney can keep flipping and flopping all over the place because at this stage he is behind and has nothing left to lose.

LouieB

Obama said, at least a couple times "If you want X, then Romney's your guy" - but then he didn't close it out by saying "And by the way, if you want X, that means this laundry list of bad things"

Romney definitely looked stronger - whatever that may mean.

Oh that was an upsetting debate. Romney appeared so much stronger than Obama it made me sick. I know it's bullshit-- just say everything should be pushed back to the states and the federal government should get out of it and somehow the free market economy will make everything all right-- but perception counts for so much. I'm hoping that the analysts and fact checkers will bring some much needed perspective to all of this. It just boils down to a difference in world view.

Ack-I need sleep. Tell me it will all be better in the morning.

it will all be better in the morning.

Obama said, at least a couple times "If you want X, then Romney's your guy" - but then he didn't close it out by saying "And by the way, if you want X, that means this laundry list of bad things"

Romney definitely looked stronger - whatever that may mean.

Obama made Romney look like a viable alternative. What he needs to show is how complete bad Romney would be.

Say what?

This is exactly what I think. It's a very risky strategy, but I think they're setting a trap for Romney. Americans, especially undecided voters, have short memories, and the upcoming debates which are (obviously) closer to election day are going to be the most likely to sway voters.

Really?

Now I've heard it all.

Yes, horrified. Anything that makes Romney look like a viable candidate is pretty horrifying to me. I don't expect you to agree.

I am horrified at your choice of words.