Presidential Race (Respector Edition)

The biggest moment was the Libya exchange. Mitt looked really dumb on that one.

Maybe in that moment. But when people realize Obama was incorrect that might change. I think the Libya exchange will be a problem for the President in the next couple days.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which ones? Here's what I'm seeing on CNN:

http://politicaltick...bate/?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) – Debate watchers were divided on who won the second presidential debate between President Barack Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, according to a new nationwide poll released late Tuesday night.

The CNN/ORC International survey indicates 46% of debate watches say Obama won the debate, while 39% say Romney fared better. The seven-point margin falls within the poll's sampling error.

Meanwhile, 73% said Obama did better than expected, compared to 37% who said the same about Romney.

The results offer a stark contrast from the first presidential showdown on October 3, when 67% of debate watchers said Romney fared better while 25% said Obama won the debate.

I'm watching CNN. They are throwing all kinds of polls in which they are stating are 33% red 33% blue. It's undoubtedly stating Obama won but things like who's better suited to lead, economy, blah blah blah things seem to tilt towards Romney. Look, I'm not saying I trust or believe these polls, I'm just stating what I'm watching on TV right now!

Maybe in that moment. But when people realize Obama was incorrect that might change. I think the Libya exchange will be a problem for the President in the next couple days.

How so? Remember, it is very unlikely they will show the show exchange on TV again. They will show Mitt saying the president didn't call it an act of terror, and Mitt being completely wrong and hit by the moderator. Apparently Mitt gets his news from the right wing talking heads and believes them.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.
http://foxnewsinside...n-libya-attack/

No where in this speech did he mention a video or blame a video.

Also what Mitt did after the attacks is to immediately release a statement (before all facts where known) to try to score points and then later when the facts where made clear he and he and the GOP doubled down on those statements.

When PBO said this (and the exchange that followed):

And the suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the Secretary of State, our U.N. Ambassador, anybody on my team would play politics or mislead when we've lost four of our own, governor, is offensive. That's not what we do. That's not what I do as president, that's not what I do as Commander in Chief.

Showed Obama as Presidential and Romney as a petulant opportunist.

And PBO turned this issue around away from what actually happened to what Mitt did after.

Hahahaha I wouldn't say "ass kicked" but I will give this debate to Obama. He looked much sharper than he did last week..... Or last year.... Or the year before that. ;) now that's my opinion of course. I think the moderator did a good job tonight. Will the next moderator be a contributor for Fox News? I thought tonights debate was going to focus on foreign policy.... Not sure where I heard/read that.

I heard that somewhere, too. Probably just some bad reporting that was going around some time last week. The next debate, on Monday, is the foreign policy debate.

Romney's bringing up Obama's pension in the middle of an immigration discussion seemed pretty desperate.

He is desperate. This thing is basically over, but we just have to wait three weeks for the actual results.

LouieB

I agree with Jules - Libya is going to be an issue up until the election. The Governor is not going to let it go and I guess I don't blame him.

I do think the President handled the Libya issue nicely last night, but the President's team message since the attack has been muddled and poorly played out.

I agree with Jules - Libya is going to be an issue up until the election. The Governor is not going to let it go and I guess I don't blame him.

I do think the President handled the Libya issue nicely last night, but the President's team message since the attack has been muddled and poorly played out.

I really think the message has been so muddled because of the disinformation by the right wing media. They immediately jumped on the attack and politicized it to make the President look bad.

Here are the myths and lies being spread about the Administration's response to the attack and facts that refute them.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/09/26/myths-and-facts-about-the-benghazi-attack-and-p/190150#c

It would have helped Mitt Romney last night if that was something he used in his debate prep.

I think Libya will be a much bigger problem for Hillary Clinton 3-4 years from now.

How so? Remember, it is very unlikely they will show the show exchange on TV again. They will show Mitt saying the president didn't call it an act of terror, and Mitt being completely wrong and hit by the moderator. Apparently Mitt gets his news from the right wing talking heads and believes them.

http://foxnewsinside...n-libya-attack/

No where in this speech did he mention a video or blame a video.

Also what Mitt did after the attacks is to immediately release a statement (before all facts where known) to try to score points and then later when the facts where made clear he and he and the GOP doubled down on those statements.

Obama did not declare the specific incident a terrorist attack the day after. If he had, then why did he then repeatedly (including on The View) say they were still investigating the incident? Also, why did Susan Rice go on several political TV shows and do the same? If they were so sure the next day, then why all the vague comments?

Romney was right, and the moderator was wrong to interject and cut him off.

So, if I understand correctly, people today are parsing the phrase "acts of terror" vs. "terrorist attack?" That is pretty weak, I'd say.

When the conversation devolves down to that level, you know someone lost, and lost big time. IMHO, of course.

If he did mean "terrorist attack" in reference to this specific incident, then he is less of a manager and leader than I thought. In other words, if they knew, then why all the subsequent "we're still investigating" comments? That's what is weak here.

Wow, this is just like Bill Maher's "Dispatches from the Bubble." I don't feel obligated to respond.

Bottom line, polls show that most people agree the Mittster got crushed:

http://www.examiner....y-second-debate

Shortly after midnight following Tuesday’s second presidential debate between Democratic President Barack Obama and his Republican challenger Willard Mitt Romney, most major snap polls showed that Obama won. These polls include:

• CNBC.com, which had Obama beating Romney by a significant 68% to 28% spread with nearly 62,000 responses;
  • CBS News, whose poll of uncommitted voters gave Obama a win by 37% to 30%;
  • ABC News, which indicated Obama winning by a huge 70% to 24% margin;
  • CNN.com whose reader poll showed Obama beating Romney decisively, by 68% to 32%, with well over 15,000 responses;
  • CNN/ORC, which chalked up a win by Obama, 46% to 39%;
  • Public Policy Polling (PPP), which gave President Obama a 48%-44% win over Romney in swing state Colorado, with undecided voters breaking more sharply for Obama, 58%-36%;
  • The New York Daily News, which also scored a big win for President Obama, 63% to 29%;
  • Even Fox News’ Insider blog had Obama winning over Romney by a wide margin, 71% to 29%.

So, suck it up, cupcake.

Obama did not declare the specific incident a terrorist attack the day after. If he had, then why did he then repeatedly (including on The View) say they were still investigating the incident? Also, why did

Because they weren't quite sure who did it?

Is it a bad thing to keep investigating it?

I really think the message has been so muddled because of the disinformation by the right wing media. They immediately jumped on the attack and politicized it to make the President look bad.

Here are the myths and lies being spread about the Administration's response to the attack and facts that refute them.

http://mediamatters....-and-p/190150#c

It would have helped Mitt Romney last night if that was something he used in his debate prep.

Thanks for the link - on the Libya issue Republicans are winning on the message in the media (and not just on FOX) and in a election that's all that matters - regardless of the actual facts.

Just the binders of women.

What an odd thing to say. I know what meant to say, but the phrasing was so weird. I love the fact that it has become an internet meme.

http://bindersfullofwomen.tumblr.com

Thanks for the link - on the Libya issue Republicans are winning on the message in the media (and not just on FOX) and in a election that's all that matters - regardless of the actual facts.

I think it should be corrected to say "... Republicans were winning on the message in the media..."

After last night you will see a switch, maybe not from Fox, but other sources.

What an odd thing to say. I know what meant to say, but the phrasing was so weird. I love the fact that it has become an internet meme.

http://bindersfullofwomen.tumblr.com

I think it should be corrected to say "... Republicans were winning on the message in the media..."

After last night you will see a switch, maybe not from Fox, but other sources.

This morning on XM's P.O.T.U.S., the Republicans were still winning. I think it will not sink the President - I am weary of the issue, though.