Presidential Race (Respector Edition)

So so there is no real discrepency:

Libertarian = Republican

Any and all so called Libertarians running for office at the moment, including both this guy Gary Johnson jand both Ron and Rand Paul are or have been Repblicans.

LouieB

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love when people reveal their true nature through their comments & questions. My work is done.

Don't know what you're getting at and why you seem to be so bothered by me. It was an honest question. Obviously not a nice thing to do, but if someone is willing to pay $100 what is the big deal?

Actually yes. Is it gouging if someone is willing to pay it?

Yes, communication can be considered a need, depending on circumstance. If you're trying to run your business and you have no landline or internet; you're trying to arrange travel; needing to stay in touch with family; etc. I live in hurricane-central eastern NC and there isn't a storm that comes through where some stores try to charge $10 or more for a gallon of water. The state prosecutes them every time. There's a real difference between supply and demand costs vs. taking advantage of people.

One of my (female) friends on Facebook posted something I liked. It's a little over the top, which is probably why I like it.

"If you don't vote because you're convinced both guys are just the same, then I hope you like having to bring up your rape baby which you must bring to term because God has a plan for you, without healthcare because God's plan doesn't involve that, nor with education because it's the teachers who are to blame for the economy suffering, but not the rich who shouldn't be asked to suffer at all even if they did rape our economy." :lol

I hope that lady likes having to raise her rape baby too. It would be pretty awful for the rape baby, otherwise.

I don't read the news much but I'm almost positive that both health care and education are available for rape babies in the United States.

An actual store charging $10 for a gallon of water is gouging. A person with a generator charging another person $100 to charge their phone is not gouging.

The conversation on that forum is entertaining. Someone said they would just charge $50 and then someone said they would charge $25 and put that guy out of business. Hahaha I do love the free market. The price is already dropping.

An actual store charging $10 for a gallon of water is gouging. A person with a generator charging another person $100 to charge their phone is not gouging.

Circumstances. People can become prisoners to their homes or neighborhoods after a hurricane. You can be on hold for long periods of time with insurance, contractors, power company, etc., plus you need to communicate with family. If someone wants to pay $100 to keep themselves entertained, ok. I do appreciate how you like to keep things simple, but sometimes simplicity isn't always available.

And those people offering cheaper prices aren't right there where people need (or want) them.

I'm really hoping for a close race so we can have some compelling television on Tuesday night, but I'm not convinced it's going to wind up that way. This will be closer than 2008, so I am interested to see how Nate Silver's projections hold up this year.