Presidential Race (Respector Edition)

Last nite, Chicago Tonite (PBS) ran an interview with Broadwell from January 2012, discussing her book on the good general. She has got a killer bod, the camera kept cutting away from her face to show a side view of her....whoa.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Republican party supports amnesty it will alienate a large segment of its current supporters. These guys in a bad place at the moment.

LouieB

Except for the ones who own businesses and hire illegal immigrants. I know for a fact that there are a LOT of republican supporters one could describe this way.

Maybe Sparky is signing up for this. I love the fact that the Civil War is still being fought 150 years later. It is so reassuring.

LouieB

Don't be so condescending. It happened in 2000, 2004 and 2008 also. People are generally unhappy after elections. The game remains the same but the players change.

Don't be so condescending. It happened in 2000, 2004 and 2008 also. People are generally unhappy after elections. The game remains the same but the players change.

Oh my gosh I am so embarrased.....

I just find it funny that so many righties are talking about going to Canada or Austrailia, both places with socialized medicine and in Canada's case gay marrage. Most places are more progressive than the USA that they want to go to.

LouieB

I just find it funny that so many righties are talking about going to Canada or Austrailia, both places with socialized medicine and in Canada's case gay marrage. Most places are more progressive than the USA that they want to go to.

LouieB

I'm staying in Texas. :)

You gotta love Romney's lament that Obama bought voters by giving them stuff. Isn't that what politicians ALWAYS do? They make campaign promises and then try and do what they say, which is giving their constituencies what they want. Romney was planning to give all kinds of STUFF to his constituency, so how is he any different? What a douche.

LouieB

You gotta love Romney's lament that Obama bought voters by giving them stuff. Isn't that what politicians ALWAYS do? They make campaign promises and then try and do what they say, which is giving their constituencies what they want. Romney was planning to give all kinds of STUFF to his constituency, so how is he any different? What a douche.

LouieB

The underlying racist sentiment in Romney's comments is what is truly disturbing. The same goes for Ryan's "urban" voting comments. Really it is not much different than Rush's Santa Claus comments. It is the narrative of why the GOP suffered such a huge defeat. Not that the policies of RR were out of touch, no it was cause America is a society of takers now and want stuff given to them. Until that thinking changes, the GOP will continue to fail.

LouieB

It's nothing new. Alec Baldwin and Barbra Streisand were going to move if Bush won. Whining is the byproduct of losing. And Graceless in the byproduct of winning.

There's nothing new under the sun.

I like when Jon Stewart played a clip from Wonka about the people who wish to secede:

"Oh no.... stop... don't go...." barely batting an eyelash.

Here's the thing that bothers me: Once the subject is broached, it means that there is a significant enough number of people who feel that way. And you wonder how many more feel that way or would support it but won't sign a petition. And it is looking like it's an idea that is creeping out of the tinfoil hat wearing fringe.

We like to think we are a civilized society, but we seem to be tottering on the brink of a breach that cannot be mended.

If Romney had won, do you imagine Mr. Obama's supporters wouldn't be grousing or worse?

What do you mean by "grousing or worse"?

Bush's margin in 2000 was much slimmer than Obama's margin in either of the last two elections, and I don't recall any talk (or, any serious groundswell of talk) about secession.

Grousing and gloating on either side, it's lame, but whatever. But when a significant percentage of the population is unwilling to accept the results of a free and fair election, that's where the breach comes in.

If Romney had won, do you imagine Mr. Obama's supporters wouldn't be grousing or worse?

We dealing in hypotheticals now? Absolutely no way of knowing what would happen if Romney won (but he didn't). Sure if Obama lost the supporters would be upset and there would be a small subset who would claim to move to Canada or whatever. But the secession movement? I highly doubt it would be to where it is now.

It would be great if the president called their bluff (which he never would), and let the states leave the union. Cut off all federal money, aid, etc. Let develop their own currency, trade laws, etc. How long do you think these states would last? This ain't the 1860's, the states are more dependent on the federal government and other states then ever before. Any person who wants their state to leave the United States is an idiot and a crybaby. Listen just because your guy didn't win the election doesn't mean the US is doomed. Suck it up and deal with it.

Just so we're all on the same page, I just said I'm not going anywhere....I'm staying in Texas.

On another note.... KevinG, you refer to some groups of people as "idiots" or "idiotic" it seems frequently. Is it because they think something different than you? Or are you just so smart you see past so much and are so deep that the rest of us miss the "truth"?

It's nothing new. Alec Baldwin and Barbra Streisand were going to move if Bush won. Whining is the byproduct of losing. And Graceless in the byproduct of winning.

There's nothing new under the sun.

That;s true, but what's funny about this is that the places the losers are planning to move have all the stuff they supposedly hate, making the reason for moving somewhat silly.

LouieB

On another note.... KevinG, you refer to some groups of people as "idiots" or "idiotic" it seems frequently. Is it because they think something different than you? Or are you just so smart you see past so much and are so deep that the rest of us miss the "truth"?

Labelling Secessionists as "Idiots" is not subjective.

How is this a "movement"? It's a few people clicking on a link. There are over 100,000 digital signatures on the Texas petition. There were nearly 8 million people who voted in the election. This means that about 1.25% of the people who voted in Texas have signed this thing. If they're even all from Texas. This is such a stupid nonstory about a bunch of idiots. But it's being portrayed as if the state of Texas truly wants to secede. Give me a break.

EDIT: By the way, population of Texas is around 26 million. So these digital signatures amount to 0.4% of the population.

Just so we're all on the same page, I just said I'm not going anywhere....I'm staying in Texas.

I am the most dangerous man in this forum, with the largest hypothalamus in North America, serving humanity simply by simply typing a view words, destined for my own wing in the VC forum Hall of Fame, executing everything I do flawlessly with zero mistakes, writing my opinions with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair because I have talent on loan from . . . God. KevinG. A man. A legend. A way of life.

(Paraphrased from Rush Limbaugh)

Give me an fing break Tweedling. Tell me what about secession is not idiotic.

Edit: I agree with BleedOrange it is a non story, but one that is getting a lot of play in the media. It just kinda gets my dander up.

It's not just Texas, it's all 50 states at this point:

http://www.examiner....ssion-petitions

Which, for me, begs the question: how poisonous has the right-wing Faux News type media really become? They have been quite successful in their demonization of our President, to such a high degree that hundreds of thousands of people are now "in despair," saying, "we lost the country," and also putting out numerous paranoia/crackpot theories about rampant voter fraud, connections between Bengazi and the purportedly stolen election...all kinds of stuff. The tinfoil crowd are still in denial about what just happened last week, blaming welfare-sucking "takers," commies, you name it. They just can't accept that the Republican party has been taken over by its fringe, and so it must not be them...it's all the idiots, losers, crooks, illegal aliens, and maybe even some extraterrestrial aliens, who have stolen their country. They thought they were going "take it back" from "them," and they lost big. Sucks to be them, I guess.

On a more positive note, at least Bobby Jindal had the balls (or self-interest, who knows) to denounce Romney's repugnant comments about "gifts." Still waiting for my gift, by the way. I paid for the bumper sticker, so I guess that wasn't it. Hmm, will check the mail again when I go home... :lol

Yeah, these petitions are meaningless. It takes pretty much zero effort to sign one, and it's just people venting because they're upset about how the election turned out. If someone had drawn up one of these in 2004, I likely would have signed it.