Wilco 1997-02-15 Irving Plaza Pro Shot

This version looks better than anything I've seen posted. Plus there are some segments I haven't seen before, at least not in this sequence.

Is there anyone currently on VC who was at this show?

Here's the thread with the links to all the versions that have appeared on BT sites: 1997-02-15 sources

But when I say "posted" I mean in a readily accessible format like youtibe or vimeo--not something one would need to download.

Yes, Jeff's shirt is horrible, and some of those dance moves where he's wiggling his butt like a girl could be seen as embarrassing, but I love how loose and raw this show is. They were really feeling their oats and pushing the boundary between showmanship and pandering. I feel like this was a time when they were trying out what kind of an image they wanted to project. And of course they were very much aware that this was being filmed for HBO.

This version looks better than anything I've seen posted. Plus there are some segments I haven't seen before, at least not in this sequence.

Is there anyone currently on VC who was at this show?

This was my first Wilco show. And my favorite. No doubt nostalgia plays a role in that, as well as going into the show with no expectations. 13 Being There songs helped, too.

is there any footage of just the deli tray part online?.. couldnt find anything on youtube

I remember downloading a version of this show that had deli tray footage, i'll see if i can upload it sometime this week. If i remember, it was during We've Been Had (i think).

Damn, I'd love to be a show and they tear into "We've Been Had". I miss it live.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching this whole hour of juiced-up Wilco-ness. There's no way I'll be able to go to sleep tonight! Part of me can't wrap my head around the contrast between that Jeff and the dressed up professionalism he personifies onstage now. I guess we all have to grow up. But I'm so glad we get to go back and roll around in that hot mess, courtesy of youtube!

You lucky people that were actually there, it must be burned on your brains! Damn.

Finally got around to watching this whole hour of juiced-up Wilco-ness. There's no way I'll be able to go to sleep tonight! Part of me can't wrap my head around the contrast between that Jeff and the dressed up professionalism he personifies onstage now. I guess we all have to grow up. But I'm so glad we get to go back and roll around in that hot mess, courtesy of youtube!

You lucky people that were actually there, it must be burned on your brains! Damn.

You've got me grinning from ear to ear. What a perfect way to describe that show! My mouth was hanging open while I was watching that thing.