Best "comeback" albums

As far as this year goes, I was pleasantly surprised by the new Smashing Pumpkins album, Oceania.

I think it's the best Billy related thing since Adore or Machina era.

One thing I'm really proud of is that he avoided modern recording techniques that so many recent comebacks have - there doesn't appear to be any pitch correction or Auto-Tune on the album. The songs are all pretty decent.

Just like with any Billy album, he doesn't know how to edit, and the album is really long so I've never been able to really 'get to know it.'

Stone Temple Pilots used to be a favorite of mine, and they're comeback album was just too slick for me. I think most of the 90's comebacks are falling under this from what I've heard.

I would say that this one counts.

Ray hadn't put out any new music in something like 20 years with The Kinks. So I would say that his first solo album counts as a "comeback."

And it's a damn good one!

MI0000580060.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Jefferson Airplane-Volunteers

This was not a comeback album because JA didn't go anywhere. They had just put out Bathing at Baxters a year earlier. If they had a comback album it was whatever that thing was they put out out in 1989 and no one listened to that.

LouieB

This was not a comeback album because JA didn't go anywhere. They had just put out Bathing at Baxters a year earlier. If they had a comback album it was whatever that thing was they put out out in 1989 and no one listened to that.

LouieB

I saw that tour, kinda cool...Hot Tuna had a set between JA's sets but yeah, I didnt feel inclined to listen to their 89 release.

The Jefferson Airplane is one of my all time favorites. I got a copy of Volunteers for subcribing to Rolling Stone. Those were the days in all sorts of ways.Never dis see them, but did see Jorma one time.

LouieB