Sorry if this derails too much--it's something I've wondered, but I didn't think it worth its own thread but not sure where else to ask this: Is there any member of this site who has not seen Wilco live?

I'm sure there are many; not everyone here is an old-timer. I know I became a big Wilco fan and joined VC probably a year or so before I had the opportunity to catch them live.

I imagine there are a lot of people turned on to Wilco by performances on Youtube, who become fans of the band's new/old material by checking out all that's been posted there. That's pretty much how I became a fan, each new song/video I came across appealed to me for different reasons. At that time, I often had no idea which "era" of Wilco the particular song was from, but that also made me want to get all the albums and figure that out.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking my younger son to his first concert in November. Just bought him the tickets for his 11th birthday to see

Fun.

He loves that album and, frankly, so do I, so it won't be that painful for me (at all)!

I'm sure there are many; not everyone here is an old-timer. I know I became a big Wilco fan and joined VC probably a year or so before I had the opportunity to catch them live.

I imagine there are a lot of people turned on to Wilco by performances on Youtube, who become fans of the band's new/old material by checking out all that's been posted there. That's pretty much how I became a fan, each new song/video I came across appealed to me for different reasons. At that time, I often had no idea which "era" of Wilco the particular song was from, but that also made me want to get all the albums and figure that out.

Very cool. True, there are so many ways to catch up on the band's catalog now vs. a decade or so ago--YouTube, Spotify, etc.

About 10 years ago I was a fairly avid Wilco show attendee, but having a family and the spike in gasoline prices slowed me down considerably! It's great to have access to the "after the show" thread and live vicariously.

All three at The Richmond Coliseum was 38 Special for free after a Walk A Thon maybe 1983 and then Lionel RIchie/Hall and Oates and then that Monkees reunion tour right after that I discoverd the clubs Rockitz and New Horizons and saw Black Flag and Dead Kennedys and Circle Jerks and Minutemen and RHCP (I think) all of which i still love and then off to college and into GD bigtime although i saw them too in 86 with Dylan at RFK

Squeeze with The Hooters at Arthur Ashe Center was another early one. And REM at the mosque

• 2 weeks later...

My first show was Aerosmith in 1990 on the Pump tour. I know modern day Aerosmith get are a pale imitation of the early 70s incarnation...but it blew my 15 year old mind. I was right down the front and the stage was covered with a big veil. Just before the show started you could see Steven Tyler approach the mike. The veil came down and they started playing 'Rats in the Cellar'. It was great. 'Dream On' was also as massive highlight. A bit cheesy but at the time it was special.

The opening band that night were two UK bands called Thunder and the Little Angels if anyone remembers them.

My first show was Aerosmith in 1990 on the Pump tour. I know modern day Aerosmith get are a pale imitation of the early 70s incarnation...but it blew my 15 year old mind. I was right down the front and the stage was covered with a big veil. Just before the show started you could see Steven Tyler approach the mike. The veil came down and they started playing 'Rats in the Cellar'. It was great. 'Dream On' was also as massive highlight. A bit cheesy but at the time it was special.

The opening band that night were two UK bands called Thunder and the Little Angels if anyone remembers them.

I saw Aerosmith in 90, too. I was little older (17) - great show. The Black Crowes opened.

I was in the lawn with some friends - two of which were ushered up to the front row by a roadie before the show started - needless to say they were both girls (dudded out as hot as a 17 year old could) - I asked the roadie, if I could head up there, too and he just shook his head no. My two friends looked at me, tilted their heads, said sorry and headed to the front row. They didn't get to meet the band, though.

I saw Howling Wolf in Chicago in 1972. Did not really know much about him at all. Unbelievable. Started off on a Blues obsession with albums, cd's etc. He rocked.

First true rock concert was The Who with Lynyrd Skynyrd as opening act at The Omni, Atlanata, 1973....