Wilco to play Australia- REALLY!!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You Rebecca. Please message me your mobile so that I can meet and say hello to you before show. Given my Brucie ticket to Mum tonight, who's visiting from England, so she's going with my hubby. I wanted to be fresh for this run of Wilco shows! Can't have Bruce wrecking me Wilco week.

Thank You Rebecca. Please message me your mobile so that I can meet and say hello to you before show. Given my Brucie ticket to Mum tonight, who's visiting from England, so she's going with my hubby. I wanted to be fresh for this run of Wilco shows! Can't have Bruce wrecking me Wilco week.

Have fun, F! Wish I could join you this week...

Paul! I've been thinking of you and Brianne. The last time I saw them was with you in Vienna, 3 years ago! Can I just say I instantly regretted giving my Springsteen ticket away - Was a fantastic concert by all accounts and Pat was standing a few spaces away from my Mother and Ray. Bugger it! Wish you were here, you would like it here.

I haven't, but I'm presuming Boomgates are on at 8pm, and Wilco will be 9pm or so. My friend I'm going with highly recommends Boomgates so I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I'm still recovering from Bruce Springsteen's 3 hour epic last night!

I haven't, but I'm presuming Boomgates are on at 8pm, and Wilco will be 9pm or so. My friend I'm going with highly recommends Boomgates so I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Yeah you aren't the only one, a bit gutted that Wilco is clashing with night three of Bruce. I recorded the two nights I went to if you're interested - night one will be up in the next day or two, not sure about night two.

I would love to hear both - I didn't go to the Sunday night show but the setlist looked amazing. I actually just bought tickets to see him at Hanging Rock on Saturday based on last nights show (luckily found 2 tickets at face value on ebay).

Hanging Rock will be absolutely amazing! I already had a ticket to Bluesfest otherwise that would be a must see. I haven't even started processing the second Bruce show and have two nights of Wilco then flying to Byron Bay, but I'll try to find time to sort it out and put it up by this weekend.

Bang on - the official times are:

Boomgates - 8.00 - 8.30

Wilco - 9.00 - 11.00

Just got back from the first Melbourne show. Will post setlist in the other forum, but here are a couple of (very poor) pics of the merch. Looks like there'll be posters for each city (I'd guess a combined Auckland/Wellington one).

Photo0059.jpg

Photo0061.jpg

Just got back from the first Melbourne show. Will post setlist in the other forum, but here are a couple of (very poor) pics of the merch. Looks like there'll be posters for each city (I'd guess a combined Auckland/Wellington one).

Thanks for those pics, hope the shirts are better quality than my 2010 Moose.

Paul! I've been thinking of you and Brianne. The last time I saw them was with you in Vienna, 3 years ago! Can I just say I instantly regretted giving my Springsteen ticket away - Was a fantastic concert by all accounts and Pat was standing a few spaces away from my Mother and Ray. Bugger it! Wish you were here, you would like it here.

Meant to reply to this sooner, but anyway...glad you got a pair of fun shows in Melbourne and hope the rest of the Oz/NZ tour (however much of it you're doing) goes just as swimmingly! Was Vienna really three years ago already? Yeesh. I do remember what a crazy day you had getting to that gig (or was it getting back to the UK)?

Anyway, I think I can safely speak for Brianne in saying that we definitely wish we could be Down Under right about now. Have a drink or three for us! :cheers

I'm sure I saw this on here somewhere, but can't find it anymore. Just in case anyone missed it - Wilco did a radio appearance on RRR in Melbourne the night before their show. The set was:

Dawned on Me

Sunken Treasure

Born Alone

Sky Blue Sky

Whole Love

I Might

This was all preceded by a fairly long interview. Nothing too revelatory, although it was interesting to hear Nels try to downplay his guitar skills. I've put up a recording on my blog if anyone wants it (link in sig).

UPDATE:  I have found two takers for these tickets (via responses from this board).

==============================================

I have two spare tickets  tomorrow's Wilco show at the Sydney Opera House that I am giving away for free (April 2).  These tickets are in the second row.

The couple who were coming with my wife and I to the show have had to pull out.  I did try and sell the tickets for well under face-value - but given the late notice there were no takers so now I am prepared to give them away for free.

I posted this in the 'How to Fight Loneliness' sub-forum - but because of the short notice thought I would post it here too.

I have two spare tickets  tomorrow's Wilco show at the Sydney Opera House that I am giving away for free (April 2).  These tickets are in the second row.

The couple who were coming with my wife and I to the show have had to pull out.  I did try and sell the tickets for well under face-value - but given the late notice there were no takers so now I am prepared to give them away for free.

I posted this in the 'How to Fight Loneliness' sub-forum - but because of the short notice thought I would post it here too.

If you are interested please email me on: 

mark_leydon@hotmail.com

I'd like one, but only to upgrade from where I'm sitting already. I wouldn't want to take one from someone who won't otherwise get to see the show, but if you don't find anyone I'm keen.