Did the Dead ever play a bad show in CT? Hartford, New Haven...every show I saw there was good to great, and a lot of the ones I missed are pretty stellar too!

Colt Park was one of the weirdest nights I ever had. Can't comment on the playing though.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was off the bus from about '81-'87, so missed all those '84 shows folks are sharing about. Got back on for good at MSG, this show being a principal reason why, just came across this full show video. For those who may not be familiar, I highly recommend the second set.

Either they jumped the gun on a press release, or the GD have nothing to do with the release. I guess we'll see at some point. Ok - I just got an email from Dead.net about this.

That clip is amazing. It's definitely not from the circulating video tape source.

That clip is amazing. It's definitely not from the circulating video tape source.

The audio and video is outstanding!  What an upgrade from what's been circulating.  Hope they do a dvd/blu-ray release of this.  Might be just what I need to finally toss the dvd player and get a blu-ray.

Remember that naked guy on the pole over Garcia's shoulder during Dark Star (I think it's during Dark Star)?  I always wonder where he is now.

I thought it was Jack Straw, maybe Playin'. He's still up on that pole.

That definitely is different footage - awesome!  New footage from taht should will be awesome to see...

here is the clip (note I remember the naked women in the previous circulations - not the naked guy) (maybe it is the guy who is on the pole in Jack Straw?)

Holy cow, talk about a NSFW Dead clip. I have never seen this whole show (although I have an audio copy), but could they have picked a scene with more nudity? :lol

You can find various versions of it on Youtube. I got it off a torrent site several years ago.

I agree. Saw a lot of New Haven and Hartford shows. Then there's the epic Dillon Stadium show, too....

I consider myself very lucky to have lived in Hartford between 82 and 90

They always seemed to like it there.

The first night in April 86 had some sound troubles with Jerry's mic, but still a fun show-before the real craziness broke out.

That definitely is different footage - awesome!  New footage from taht should will be awesome to see...

here is the clip (note I remember the naked women in the previous circulations - not the naked guy) (maybe it is the guy who is on the pole in Jack Straw?)

Damn this is going to be fantastic.......

Have you ever wondered where the cover of Workingman's Dead was taken? 

Holy smokes - look at the amount of work that this guy did to figure it out:

http://www.popspotsnyc.com/workingmans_dead/

Amazing. Someone's got time on his hands. Great job.

Damn this is going to fantastic.......

Very psyched this is coming out of the vault. Listening to my disc right now, Jerry shredding on the wah wah on Greatest Story. Head exploding.

If y'all have a copy, or can find one of the first Compendium check out John Dwork's epic tome regarding 8/27/72. It's pretty cosmic, mannnn. I love that show but I mean it's just over the top.

If y'all have a copy, or can find one of the first Compendium check out John Dwork's epic tome regarding 8/27/72. It's pretty cosmic, mannnn. I love that show but I mean it's just over the top.

I will have to pull the Compendium off the shelf. I have a memory that back in the day Duprees Diamond News did an entire issue, or at least a very long form cover story, about this show. I have it saved, will dig that out and give it a read also.

I will have to pull the Compendium off the shelf. I have a memory that back in the day Duprees Diamond News did an entire issue, or at least a very long form cover story, about this show. I have it saved, will dig that out and give it a read also.

Found my Dupree's, Issue No. 23. Not the cover, but Dwork's long piece "The Most Important GD Concert Of All Time." Pretty much the same piece as is in the Compendium. It is over the top, but he's got it totally right!

Man, I miss that stuff. DDN, Unbroken Chain, and especially Mikel.

Little late to the party, but I'm trying to start my journey into the Dead. Where is a good place to start? I good friend of mine is a huge fan, and told me Europe 72 is good, but I would actually prefer to start with a  studio album.

You should get Workingman's Dead and American Beauty. If you still buy cds, get the last re-masters. They sound great.

Little late to the party, but I'm trying to start my journey into the Dead. Where is a good place to start? I good friend of mine is a huge fan, and told me Europe 72 is good, but I would actually prefer to start with a  studio album.

As someone who was also quite late to the party and had the same question, I can highly recommend Steppin out.  That got me hooked very quickly.  Although you did say studio so I have to agree with A-Man on the choices.  I like the studio stuff but it's the live stuff that grabbed me.

515MayC-zZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Steppin-Out-With-Grateful-Dead/dp/B001W1RGP8/ref=sr_shvl_album_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1370721549&sr=301-3