• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.relix.com/articles/detail/robert_hunter_knocking_on_heavens_door

A nice Hunter interview -- I didn't realize he was sick last year.

He looks good - hopefully his tour is a success.

It sounds like he didn't want the news out there. When I saw that photo, I figured something happened to him - as he does not seem as portly as the last photo I saw of him.

I realize many of you don't care for Furthur (I take 'em with a grain of salt and enjoy them when they blow through town) but they are, apparently, taking a hiatus for all all of 2014 off (after the Mexico shows in Jan.). 

Catching them at Red Rocks this weekend (Thurs-Sun shows) and they've been posting on fb that there are "big surprises," planned for these shows....hmmm.....

Agreed.  Still my favorite. 

It might be the most fully realized version (along with the 2/27/69), I don't know. It's not my favorite, but it is outstanding.

I realize many of you don't care for Furthur (I take 'em with a grain of salt and enjoy them when they blow through town) but they are, apparently, taking a hiatus for all all of 2014 off (after the Mexico shows in Jan.). 

Catching them at Red Rocks this weekend (Thurs-Sun shows) and they've been posting on fb that there are "big surprises," planned for these shows....hmmm.....

You lucky bastard.

Furthur:

They're not the worst at what they do, they're the only ones that do what they do.

Or something like that. Would rather hear Phil sing than fake Jerry. Don't dig Bobby's slow tempos. I'm sure there are some fine moments and good times at the shows, but looking forward to this break.

Speaking of Furthur - their 9/24/13 (Tuesday) show will stream live on XM/Sirius.

Only caught Furthur once, that was last year in Chicago - it was fun. I wouldn't mind seeing a Ratdog show in a small theater someday again.

Furthur:

They're not the worst at what they do, they're the only ones that do what they do.

Or something like that. Would rather hear Phil sing than fake Jerry. Don't dig Bobby's slow tempos. I'm sure there are some fine moments and good times at the shows, but looking forward to this break.

C'mon, man. Enough of the "fake Jerry" crap. They need a guitar player to play lead and take some vocals. So the keyboardist is a fake Brent? Or the drummer a fake Mickey? When Bobby sings Masterpiece he's a fake Dylan, I suppose.If you don't enjoy them or go to the shows, that's cool. But why would you actually be looking forward to the hiatus, then? 

I've seen some outstanding Furthur shows.  I missed them this summer in Boston as I was on vacation (I think the same for last summer too).  Would prefer to see them than not, so hope it's only a hiatus and not the end. I love Joe Russo's drumming (would love to see him take Joe Russo's Almost Dead on the road, as a double bill with Bustle!), and John's playing too.  I also don't get the "fake Jerry" pejorative,  Other than Box, there's nothing I would rather hear Phil sing than John.  Also seen many amazing Phil and Friends shows, so hope he takes that on the road and doesn't just do residencies in NY and SF.  Ratdog I can live without.