2 tickets: Justin Townes Earle w/Tift Merritt, Baltimore Tues, 11/13

I have two hard copy tickets to this show at Ram's Head Live in Baltimore. I've decided that it's too busy a week for me to drive from Norfolk to Baltimore just for the show, but I hate to see them go to waste. I'd be glad to send them to someone who can use them, maybe one of you in the Washington or Baltimore area? Considering that time is short just pay me for shipping FedEx. You can reply here or send me a pm. Hope someone can use them--should be a great show.

Justin is the headliner. Is this a step down for her? I don't know her music well, but I've heard a few songs.

I suspect this is going to be a good show--they'll probably do some songs together, given that their styles are similar.

Doesn't somebody want these tickets? FREE!!!

I was a big fan of Tift Merritt for her first two albums when she was in more of an alt-country/roots rock vein, but her stuff since then has become increasingly more mellow, introspective and unfortunately, boring to me, although lots of people like it. She's been working with Tucker Martine for the last two records and I just don't like it at all. Tambourine (G. Drakoulias produced) is really good, and there is an out of print live album from the end of that tour called Home Is Loud, but the best thing she's released, to me, is the live Austin City Limits DVD from the Tambourine tour with Danny Eisenberg on Hammond and Brad Rice on lead guitar (both of them from the connection to Whiskeytown/Ryan Adams). Neither Brad nor Danny are in her band anymore and the music is just not as compelling to me.